There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Reinvent your Future.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Rochester, MN
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Rochester, MN

I have been working at IBM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason to work for IBM is flexibility. Ample vacation time allotted, and the culture is performance driven; as long as the deliverables are met, you can do all the other things you do in life. Also working at IBM you're surrounded by awesome people. Education and skill development is encouraged and required.

Cons

When there's an important or time sensitive deadline you end up working a lot of hours. Also, its difficult to meet the deliverables of clients when "costs" are too high and heads are getting cut.
Its an unending cycle of knee jerk reactions.

If you make people feel valued, you'll get a lot more good work from them. Stop looking for ways to stuff your own pockets and start actually valuing the people. Happy people work happy, give me a window or I want to work from home.

reviews filtered by
  1. Summer Intern

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IBM as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very educational. I learn a lot. I had a lot of fun. it was great. They catered to my every need. It had it's perks

Cons

The commute was a long ways away. The commute was a long ways away. The commute was a long ways away.

2. Solid. Not exciting, but solid.

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Decent benefits, especially for new hires. Your fellow employees are all very bright. Your day to day really depends on work area -- there are so many things the company does, in so any places, that it can be a bit of a craps shoot as far as how good your immediate management is, how flexible your schedule is, etc.

Cons

More difficult to move around especially considering the company's size. Pay is good but depends on your location and most likely will not be at the top end of the scale in your locale.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM