There are newer employer reviews for IBM

One of the best compaines to work for

Current Employee - Information Technology Specialist in New York, NY
Current Employee - Information Technology Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at IBM

Pros

The work is always different, and the oppuritunity to work across multiple disciplines.
The availablity of information, from marketing talking points to low-level technical details is excellent.
An extraordinary amount of freedom to solve customer problems

Cons

Travel is required at times, in the present air travel 'experience' this is a bit of a hassle.

I work too darn low in the food chain to be able to even think of any advice to give to Senior Management. As long as they do not interfere with my ability to do the work I am a happy camper.

reviews filtered by
  1. Had a great time there.

Former Employee - Advisory Sales Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Advisory Sales Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at IBM

Pros

Great work life balance. Great exposure to real world enterprise wide projects.

Cons

Very large company, can get lost in the cracks.

Keep up the good work.

Great pay, mediocre enthusiasm of employee population

Current Employee - Senior IT Architect in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior IT Architect in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Dedicated employees. Competitive pay and benefits. Large company with opportunity for skills and career advancement. Ability to work from home, job permitting.

Cons

Tasked to meet billable hours, which most times greatly exceed 40 hours. Whether or not you agree, a GBS employee is committed to 100% travel if s/he is a part of the GBS organization. Persons on external (green dollar) accounts are oftentimes treated better than those on internal (blue dollar) accounts come promotions, variable pay and raises. Management is great at not giving employees all the facts when presenting sensitive issues, such as the salary plan (raises). Continued initiatives to offshore labor. Execs like to limit their vision to the dollar sign.

Shareholder value is very important, but so is the general happiness of the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM