There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Job Review

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at IBM

Pros

Opportunity to work with very top people in the industry

Cons

Constantly changing quotas. Targets adjusted upwards to make it difficult to stay in same territory.

Take more feedback from field about regional differences in territories

11618 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

An overall great experience.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Herndon, VA

I worked at IBM

Pros

IBM is a very diverse organization. There are so many opportunities to get involved with different projects and different people with lots of opportunities for change. IBM also provides many training opportunities for employees.

Cons

As a large corporation, it is sometimes cumbersome to navigate the rigorous evaluation procedures which include multiple deadlines and formal standards for year end reviews, promotions, and the goal-setting process. As a result, all of these processes take an excessively long time to complete. Additionally, as a big corporation, it is possible to feel disconnected from people, even your own manager. I was lucky enough to find strong leadership and a supportive team on the project I was assigned, but if these things are lacking, it is possible to get lost in the shuffle.

I would like to see more processes in place to connect employees with their service area managers. If possible, it would be great to work with service area managers on their projects. As a result, the people who actually have a part in determining your performance review score and your promotion would have a greater connection to you and it would not be so difficult to have your efforts be recognized.

IBM Research Internship

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at IBM

Pros

Great feedback
    Great brand that people will respect
    Good pay (compared to other internships)
    Fun and interesting project to work on

Cons

Company is huge, people have no idea who you are and you don't matter. It seems hard to move anywhere in the company.

Explain more projects to interns, ask for their feedback. We have some creative and new ideas. Let us move around a bit more project-wise.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!