There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Job Review

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at IBM

Pros

Opportunity to work with very top people in the industry

Cons

Constantly changing quotas. Targets adjusted upwards to make it difficult to stay in same territory.

Take more feedback from field about regional differences in territories

11881 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

IBM as a place to work

Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Westford, MA
    Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Westford, MA

I worked at IBM

Pros

IBM is a good company in terms of benefits, flexibility with working from home options, and salary.

Cons

It is difficult to move around within the organization and also difficult to get promotions.

Maybe you should get feedback from employees about their managers. The managers are allowed to review their subordinates, but I also think it would be good for non managers to provice feedback about their managers. There are many unfair practices and favoritism that goes on.

An overall great experience.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Herndon, VA

I worked at IBM

Pros

IBM is a very diverse organization. There are so many opportunities to get involved with different projects and different people with lots of opportunities for change. IBM also provides many training opportunities for employees.

Cons

As a large corporation, it is sometimes cumbersome to navigate the rigorous evaluation procedures which include multiple deadlines and formal standards for year end reviews, promotions, and the goal-setting process. As a result, all of these processes take an excessively long time to complete. Additionally, as a big corporation, it is possible to feel disconnected from people, even your own manager. I was lucky enough to find strong leadership and a supportive team on the project I was assigned, but if these things are lacking, it is possible to get lost in the shuffle.

I would like to see more processes in place to connect employees with their service area managers. If possible, it would be great to work with service area managers on their projects. As a result, the people who actually have a part in determining your performance review score and your promotion would have a greater connection to you and it would not be so difficult to have your efforts be recognized.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM