IBM

www.ibm.com

Great name to have on resume; not a great place for young professional growth

Business Consultant (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsBenefits package is great when you first start out of college. Great training opportunities, and looks GREAT when interviewing for other jobs after.

ConsSuch a large company that your manager most likely won't be in the same location as you. It is difficult to get that professional career growth when your immediate manager doesn't see you day to day work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder to keep your young hires. From my experience, most people start working there with SO much potential and interest - but slowly get defeated because there are limited opportunities for career growth - so they move on to other consultancies that pay more $$.

Good place to start

IT Architect (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

I worked at IBM

Pros: Training for 1st 2 or 3 years, many co-workers with… Cons: continous layoffs that don't account for performance, benefits below average and dwindling,… Advice to Senior Management: Value your technical people and give them time and training to grow their skills. Stop the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good environment to learn and prosper

Research Staff Member (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IBM

Pros: Good work life balance, smart co workers, good benefits Cons: Slow paced environment, lots of beurocracy Advice to Senior Management: Do communicate with you employees more often and get the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on IBM.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!