www.ibm.com
There are newer employer reviews for IBM

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

IBM has been around for many years, and it is one of the most realiable and stable companies to work for. it offers great benefits and is almost impossible to get fired

Cons

IBM is not known for high salaries. It rarely gives raises to employees. It is very difficult to move up or change departments or get bonuses. they also have many review processes that do no directly relate to the raises or bonuses

i have not encountered senior management during my work

13176 Other Employee Reviews for IBM (View Most Recent)

IBM is a great place to contribute, and gain leadership experience

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Somers, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Somers, NY

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Well diversified company with many opportunities for advancement and leadership. Management does a good job articulating your place in the company and how you can personally help achieve the organization's goals.

IBM also has a flexible work/life balance and work from home program, but be careful as with some managers, "out of sight; out of mind".

Cons

Many times you will find yourself spending unnecessary time working through "red tape" in order to get things done, which can mean many late nights in the office or working multiple weekends.

IBM does a good job of defining challenging career paths and mentoring top talent employees, but they need to spend more time on compensation and rewards.

IBM is a good place to work as a co-op.

Current Employee - IBM STG Co-Op in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - IBM STG Co-Op in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at IBM

Pros

I am currently at IBM STG co-op. IBM has given me the opportunities to explore the possibilities available to me at IBM. I work with very knowledge people and the work environment is very dynamic and supportive. I am comfortable, and I learn a lot about subjects that one cannot learn in school--which is the most valuable type of experience needed. I am given responsibilities that affect the company going forward, and IBM empowers me to do my best by giving me all the tools I need to succeed.

Cons

The only downside is that if IBM does offer me a position it will not be outside my co-op area. I wish I would apply for other positions else where in the company internally. The only downside so far.

My manager and my managers manager are both very supportive and very helpful. They really know their subjects well and they allow me to concentrate on my course work as well.

There are newer employer reviews for IBM