pathetic company for your career, avoid it for sure

I have been working at ICF International

Pros

good pay, good location are the only pros
some people also get a US trip, which is cool..but the company uses it as a carrot to make the people slog

Cons

pathetic management, long working hours, late nights, no switching options. some people also get a US tripl..but the company uses it as a carrot to make the people slog

treat people with respect

Other Reviews for ICF International

Great place to work!

I have been working at ICF International full-time

Pros

ICF is such a wonderful place to work with tremendous potential for growth and oppotunity to try different arenas. ICF is also one of the few consulting firms that is very involved in international development and economic development as a main area.

Cons

ICF tends to aquire a lot of companies and sometimes it is difficult for those employees that have been aquired to gain exposure to larger ICF projects. As a newly aquired employee, I would like more access and "crossover" ability to ICF projects.

Although the transition when the aquisition took place was seamless and stress-free, I'd like more integration between the two companies that have now merged into just ICF.

Great Community; Job is what you make of it

Current Employee - Research Assistant
    Current Employee - Research Assistant

I have been working at ICF International

Pros

My Manager is brilliant, cares about me as a person, asks me if my work is rewarding/challenging enough, and is extremely supportive of my innovative ideas.
    My team hits the perfect balance of working hard at the office and having an enjoyable, amiable atmosphere.
    My team is also social and fun outside of the office.
    My work is rewarding, often cutting edge, challenges me, and well managed.
    The system is incredibly flexible about work schedule. I can work from an office in New York or Beijing if I feel like taking a vacation to there and if I need to work from home for a day, I'm not slapped on the wrist. I set my own hours too.

Cons

Pay is MUCH lower than other consulting firms. They fill this middle spot where they get ivy league kids who have too much heart to work at Booz Allen but want to make a little more money than the non-profit world. They get away with it because they know so many people want to save the world AND develop corporate resume credentials and ICF is a great place to do it.
    There is no initial training when you first get there. They just kind of throw you in and see what you can do.
    Lots of overlap in expertise between "LOBs" but they often aren't aware of it.
    Any additional training takes away from your "utilization" and so you feel an immense pressure to work on billable client projects as opposed to educating yourself on a new excel feature, etc.
    Less than intelligent people don't get fired.

Continue to foster open environment for innovative service offerings.

Make it easier for new employees to develop professional skills.

There are newer employer reviews for ICF International.

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!