ICF International

www.icfi.com

Rewarding most of the time.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Analyst in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Good work-life balance, culture promotes good quality work, reasonable workload and diversity of projects, flexible to family and student life

Cons

Motivation of the staff varies greatly, few opportunities or incentives for junior staff to gain management or business development experience, mission and culture keeps staff more than compensation and benefits

Overly reliant on specific contracts; culture and structure restricts flow of ideas, skills, and skews compensation based on talent and workload across service areas at all levels

Other reviews for ICF International

Great introduction to the world of government contracting, Flexible managers

Current Employee - Associate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in Fairfax, VA

Pros

My managers have always been very flexible in terms of working from home and alternate work schedules when needed. I don't feel overworked at ICF, and think they strike a good work/life balance. Have gotten the chance to cultivate a wide set of skills through my work.

Cons

For junior level staff, project work is often assigned based on who has availability and not who has the skills matched to that project. This can be a disincentive to do good work on projects that you don't like, since you will get stuck on them and not be able to move on to projects you would rather be on.

Pay more attention/ invest more in your junior staff.

Blatant disrespect, obvious favortism, NO BENEFITS!!

Current Employee - Call Center Employee  in  Martinsville, VA
    Current Employee - Call Center Employee in Martinsville, VA

Pros

Pay is 'competitive' for my location, my coworkers (supervisor and below) make me feel appreciated

Cons

Where could I even begin?? If you are looking at the Martinsville call center, do NOT get your hopes up over the advertised benefits, paid time off, and holiday pay on the website: surprise!! None of that applies at the call center! I cannot afford the ridiculously priced lower level health insurance, PTO accumulation NEVER increases (tenure is a nonfactor and is not rewarded whatsoever), and there is no holiday pay but you must work all holidays except thanksgiving and Christmas! Never in my life have I worked somewhere that did not provide holiday pay. Furthermore the entire company is geared towards benefiting upper management. Dont you dare do something that may negatively impact a member of upper management's many bonuses because while you are struggling to make ends meet, managers are on extravagant vacations and driving luxury vehicles. There is NO promotion from within and there is no concern for motivating employees, only implementation of scare tactics to threaten them into performing better. Program management seems to be completely oblivious to how low we are on the pay scale and seem to assume we have more power and say so than any of us (Martinsville, supervisors and below) really do because of the tremendous amount of responsibility we carry.We are forced to put on a face and often to bold face lie to our clients. Upper management has no genuine experience with the callcenter environment and it is made obvious by their poor condescending communication with us and the fact that they know NOTHING about the day to day happenings. This place will not last long and I intend on jumping ship as soon as possible. Good luck to all other current employees in finding another job quick!!

Stop being so childish and uncondionally selfish. We all see your fits and you make or obvious we are your unvalued minions. Stop running the place like a military base or worse, a slavery plantation!

There are newer employer reviews for ICF International.

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!