ICF International

www.icfi.com

Predictable first "real" job

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsI work with some really good people.

ConsThe work is very abstract. It is a lot of typical entry level work and stuff that you probably did as an intern. There are a lot of days where I'm on my way home and think about everything I did that day in terms of paperwork and various tasks and say "what the hell did I actually do today?". Overall is is a pretty good company and that type of feeling is to be expected at your first job and in office work in general, but its not glamorous and it's hard to tell if you are really making an impact or if you are just another government consultant making money without making a difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally try to help your junior staff understand the projects on a higher level. Let them know that the seemingly meaningless task they are stuck doing actually plays a bigger role later and that it's not just something that you as a manager didn't want to do. Also, schedule your own meetings.

Good fit for some.

I have been working at ICF International

Pros: Good pay and benefits; nice people Cons: Fragmented direction; lack of appropriate onboarding. More

Rewarding

I have been working at ICF International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great working environment, little gossip, opportunities if you know the… Cons: ICF doesn't care about the individual, if you are not… Advice to Senior Management: Know how your managers are managing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ICF International.

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!