ICF International
www.icfi.com Fairfax, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Predictable first "real" job

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA

ProsI work with some really good people.

ConsThe work is very abstract. It is a lot of typical entry level work and stuff that you probably did as an intern. There are a lot of days where I'm on my way home and think about everything I did that day in terms of paperwork and various tasks and say "what the hell did I actually do today?". Overall is is a pretty good company and that type of feeling is to be expected at your first job and in office work in general, but its not glamorous and it's hard to tell if you are really making an impact or if you are just another government consultant making money without making a difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally try to help your junior staff understand the projects on a higher level. Let them know that the seemingly meaningless task they are stuck doing actually plays a bigger role later and that it's not just something that you as a manager didn't want to do. Also, schedule your own meetings.

Good fit for some.

I have been working at ICF International

Pros: Good pay and benefits; nice people Cons: Fragmented direction; lack of appropriate onboarding. More

A Horrible Experience with ICF International in Martinsville VA

Research Technician (Current Employee)
    Martinsville, VA

I have been working at ICF International full-time for more than a year

Pros: 1. I have always been paid on time and it was the amount that it was supposed to be 2. They care about their clients and… Cons: 1. No such thing as a holiday, holiday pay, and company does not provide the meal for the holiday instead they plan a potluck and… Advice to Senior Management: You are in the process of making a major change in a bunch of your employees personal lives, be ready for a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ICF International.

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ICF International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ICF International CEO Sudhakar Kesavan. All reviews posted anonymously by ICF International employees.