Interesting work; some opportunity for advancement; can feel stuck in your position

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ICF International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Professionally supportive and accessible upper management. I feel comfortable sharing ideas and asking questions of vice presidents and feel that they value my contributions. Flexible work hours and ability to work from home (varies by supervisor and project manager--not everyone can enjoy this benefit). If you take initiative to do internal networking, people are ready to work with you, listen to your ideas, and help you. Almost everyone I have met here is quite smart, hard working, and good on a team.

Cons

Switch from sick and vacation to PTO. Lack of work/life balance. Feeling valued is important to me personally, but it has not translated into raise or promotion, which would be at least as meaningful. Your experience with the company can vary wildly depending on which office you sit in, who your supervisor is, and who your line of business lead is. This includes things like whether you can work from home, how and how long it takes to get promoted, whether you are expected to check email at night and on weekends, whether you are allowed to leave a project you don't like for one you prefer, etc. Promotion feels as though it is partly based on merit but at least equally based on who you know and whether you have a good supervisor who looks out for you. I feel I've been doing management level work for at least a year without having the salary or job title that I deserve.

Have some guidelines on what non-management staff can expect in terms of how long it takes to be promoted in addition to what the skills are. Get management on board about what ICF practices are and have them applied across the board.

Other Reviews for ICF International

ICF is not a good place to work

Former Employee - Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ICF International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart hard working people work there

Cons

Work-life balance depends on your supervisor. I had No work-life balance and I needed it being a single parent of a small child,my supervisor would not allow me to work different hours or work from home, while other colleagues who had been there less time than me but were aloud to work whatever hours they wanted, work from home while on vacation

Have consistency across supervisors and set rules for everyone to follow for work-life balance. Train supervisors better.

Top-flight co-workers

I worked at ICF International full-time

Pros

Qualifications and integrity of the vast majority of the staff is first-rate. Really bright, motivated people. Overall solidly managed company.

Cons

Some movement toward shorter time frame strategic thinking and investments. But of course common for companies that have gone to a publicly-traded structure.

There are newer employer reviews for ICF International.

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!