There are newer employer reviews for ICF International

Terrible Work-Life Balance, Nice People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ICF International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are great to work with. There are a lot of smart, hard-working people at ICF, and some go out of their way to make you feel appreciated. It seems like the upper management really care about the employees, and they are very accessible.

Cons

There's no work-life balance. The motto has become "get it done" rather than "do it well." Despite getting stellar yearly reviews, I have not gotten a promotion in years.

263 Other Employee Reviews for ICF International (View Most Recent)

A Great Place To Avoid

Former Employee - Program Analyst  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Program Analyst in Rockville, MD

I worked at ICF International part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home opportunities made it attractive and served as the only plus that I could find in the position other than picking up a paycheck every two weeks. There were little to no incentives to get interested in any aspect of the position. I found precious little about the position and the management to categorize as a "pro" to the job other than LEAVING the job. And that was a definite PLUS! :)

Cons

Poor management; lack of communication; politics; mediocre pay; poor benefits; less than optimal chances of professional development; less than honest

Get manager training and learn how to manage; develop integrity; and learn what honesty is all about.

Despite massive profits ICF continues to cut benefits and squeeze employees

Current Employee - Associate  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Associate in Rockville, MD

I have been working at ICF International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

interesting work, great people, basic corporate amenities.

Cons

We are a very profitable division, but after ICF took over things keep just getting worse and worse. The company continually cuts back on benefits and office space, limits raises, to the point where it's drained morale and made it harder to effectively do our jobs. Rather than allowing us to thrive, ICF has become an impediment to our efficiency and effectiveness.

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Treat employees with respect and you will see your projects thrive and expand. Cut benefits, limit freedom and you will slowly erode your ability to stay on top and get the profitable contracts you so vigorously compete for.

There are newer employer reviews for ICF International

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!