ICF International

There are newer employer reviews for ICF International

Terrible Work-Life Balance, Nice People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ICF International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with. There are a lot of smart, hard-working people at ICF, and some go out of their way to make you feel appreciated. It seems like the upper management really care about the employees, and they are very accessible.

Cons

There's no work-life balance. The motto has become "get it done" rather than "do it well." Despite getting stellar yearly reviews, I have not gotten a promotion in years.

293 Other Employee Reviews for ICF International (View Most Recent)

Interesting work; some opportunity for advancement; can feel stuck in your position

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ICF International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Professionally supportive and accessible upper management. I feel comfortable sharing ideas and asking questions of vice presidents and feel that they value my contributions. Flexible work hours and ability to work from home (varies by supervisor and project manager--not everyone can enjoy this benefit). If you take initiative to do internal networking, people are ready to work with you, listen to your ideas, and help you. Almost everyone I have met here is quite smart, hard working, and good on a team.

Cons

Switch from sick and vacation to PTO. Lack of work/life balance. Feeling valued is important to me personally, but it has not translated into raise or promotion, which would be at least as meaningful. Your experience with the company can vary wildly depending on which office you sit in, who your supervisor is, and who your line of business lead is. This includes things like whether you can work from home, how and how long it takes to get promoted, whether you are expected to check email at night and on weekends, whether you are allowed to leave a project you don't like for one you prefer, etc. Promotion feels as though it is partly based on merit but at least equally based on who you know and whether you have a good supervisor who looks out for you. I feel I've been doing management level work for at least a year without having the salary or job title that I deserve.

Have some guidelines on what non-management staff can expect in terms of how long it takes to be promoted in addition to what the skills are. Get management on board about what ICF practices are and have them applied across the board.

Consulting Firm that is evolving

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at ICF International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The firm has many federal contracts and tends to have stable jobs. The work environment is generally friendly especially for new graduates.

Cons

It is a consulting firm that is still evolving. The career trajectories tend to vary by division and team. Its hard to gauge the teams sometimes before you begin working with them.

Align the practices and hold your business development leads responsible for results.

There are newer employer reviews for ICF International