ICF International

www.icfi.com

No heart at ICF - but is that standard at government contractors?

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsPolicy types might find a home, but the culture is strange.

ConsSenior execs must recruit people with personalities similar to their's, so the place is filled with young grads lacking social skills and others that have never left and grown comfortably with that atmosphere. They are making efforts to bring people together, but then those events are stodgy and weird. Eccentrics or actually anyone with a personality moves out quick. They just chase whatever is hot now and convince themselves they are holier than though. Climate change isn't paying the bills? move on. But then I guess that's the business.
Very low pay and they'll try to convince you that they have to be similar to a non-profit. Thought I had heard it all. This coming from a Senior VP at a publicly traded firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that you normally wouldn't. Shake things up and your smarter young grads will want to stay longer. Fire idiots quicker.

best for recent graduates

I have been working at ICF International

Pros: recent graduates that are lucky enough to get a job here will be immediately immersed into a… Cons: recent changes in benefits have created a less than ideal work environment. there is limited opportunity for professional growth once you have hit a… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Opportunity for growth depending on who you work for

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ICF International full-time for more than a year

Pros: As a large corporation with a well-known reputation, ICF has the opportunity to land some of the most interesting and prestigious jobs and clients. … Cons: ICF has acquired smaller companies and offices and brought them into the fold. As a result, there is definitely some struggle between the old… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ICF International.

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!