ICF International

Leader in EPA and Environment Consulting; large growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at ICF International full-time

Pros

Great for grads interested in environment, energy, and professional consulting related to those fields. In all other fields, ICF is still establishing its presence and this means less depth and less high profile work. Overall, each Division has its own work style, but company wide they want results. Yes- some will be expecting perfection, so be prepared to deliver, and have enough experience to avoid office politics.

Cons

Growth by adding new companies is making it hard to have a unified direction. Management is too top heavy which often causes them to stick around for too long; typically they don't retire.Also salaries are way below industry averages for associates and doesn't provide overtime pay.

Cultivate leadership in associates not just Vice Presidents. Increase salary to match industry, provide a clear direction in each division.

289 Other Employee Reviews for ICF International (View Most Recent)

Overall not a bad company to work for

I worked at ICF International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Forward thinking. If you want to work hard and learn a lot this may be the place for you.

Cons

Management will work their employees very hard, but does not reward efforts. No room for upward mobility.

Excellent company, setting, people, opportunity.

Former Employee - Mapping Technician in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Mapping Technician in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ICF International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, people. There are many opportunities for continuing education, mobility in the company. Since it is such a large company there is a lot of stability. Many sectors of consulting work results in diversity which makes for a great workplace. I would highly recommend this company to a friend or colleague.

Cons

I had to commute to downtown Sacramento- not really a con all things considered....I suppose that if I really had to choose the decorating was sparse in the office. Since this is the downside I would say that this is a great company. I only wrote this because I had to fill the space. No cons, seriously.

Keep up the good work. I was very happy with working there.

There are newer employer reviews for ICF International