ICF International

www.icfi.com
  www.icfi.com
There are newer employer reviews for ICF International

Great team of contractors, management only looks out for the bottom line.

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ICF International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked on a team project for the two and a half years I was there. Everyone assigned to the project was professional and we worked well together. It was a great experience.

Cons

During the last six months of the contract, we were told to "hang in there" until the end of the project because other work was available for us upon completion of the contract. A few of us did remain, others found employment elsewhere. I received my layoff notice one week before the contract end date. If other work is not available, don't lie and say it is. Yes, it's a for-profit business but that's no reason for deceit.

Don't lie. You had a great group of employees who worked hard and impressed the clients. If there isn't other work available, do not say there is. We have personal responsibilities and families to support.

290 Other Employee Reviews for ICF International (View Most Recent)

I had the highest hopes when I began working there.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at ICF International full-time

Pros

As a large multinational organization, there are (theoretically) opportunities to work in multiple locations and still stay with the company.

Cons

Management was a joke and was more concerned with themselves that with please the client. The matrixed organization did not work. The manager I had played some massive favorites and was all about herself.

Give program managers realistic utilization goals. A manager cannot be expected to bill 100% of the time and do CE and manager duties outside of that 100% utilization.

Laid-back but low-pay and no-culture

Current Employee - Consultant/Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant/Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at ICF International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are easy to work with, good work-life balance, lots of different areas to gain experience in, telecommuting

Cons

Zero office culture, no career advancement opportunities (esp. for junior staff), major emphasis on "billable hours," very little in the way of training/career development, pay is relatively low....basically, senior management doesn't care about their workers enough to motivate them to do good work.

Train your junior staff and make an effort to keep them there! (And at very least, by the time you don't want them anymore they'll have the skills to get hired elsewhere...)

There are newer employer reviews for ICF International