There are newer employer reviews for ICI Services

"Good people, growing company, bad pay."

I have been working at ICI Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are wonderful. Never any drama among employees. Bad employees get weeded out fast. Allotted an hour for lunch, no clocking in and out before and after work. Everyone is very helpful with answering questions and there is a lot of room to move up within the company. Company is growing quickly, and they offer a tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

You only get 10 days PTO your first year there. Taking time off is like pulling teeth, it's hard to do. Not because they don't let you(sometimes they don't), but they make you feel bad for wanting to take the time off. Many people don't leave for lunch for fear of not being here when needed by upper management. People shouldn't have to feel trapped at work. Pay is good if you come in asking for a good rate. If not, they will take advantage of your low price.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what industry standards are, give them more PTO their first year, and don't make them feel bad for wanting to leave for lunch or having to leave early for appointments, to take care of a sick child, etc. Don't hound your employees with work when they are on vacation.

Other Employee Reviews for ICI Services

Company with some incompetence at the top, but claim that they care.

Pros

They seem to be growing.

Cons

Judgement of senior managers is questionable.

2. Love the people, hate the benefits.

Pros

I found the management, or at least my team lead, project manager, and sector lead to be very open, honest, and willing to help. The compensation is ok, but I know my superiors well, and I enjoy working with them, as well as my peers.

Cons

Benefits package is not great. When compared to my last government contracting job, it is actually shameful. To be fair, it is a much smaller company, and probably not capable of similar benefits.

Advice to Management

I would recommend at you separate the sick leave from PTO, and gives us more than 10 days combined for the first year.