There are newer employer reviews for ICON

If your a monitor RUN and run fast to another company

Current Employee - Senior CRA
Current Employee - Senior CRA

I have been working at ICON full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay you a very high salary.

Cons

Very disorganized. The marjority of the management is very new and their training is terrible. My manager has not been able to answer a single question (including helping me with my timesheet) unless consulting her manager first.
The trials are a mess. Icon seems to put profitability first (instead of quality). Almost all of the CRAs I have interacted with are planning on quiting at their one year anniversary (so they don't have to pay the bonus back). The new CRA bonus program is a sham, they will not pay it even if things are out of your control (your report is signed off one day late because of the CTM).
The training is awful so if you are new to the industry or the job then you are going to learn the hard way.

Better communication on the company goals (not one person has been able to tell me the company philosophy).
Better job training for CRAs, CRA Managers, and CTMs (this should include more time on Icon systems).
Update the travel policy (it is the worst in the industry)
Stop having us mail in paper receipts for reimbursements. Decrease the time it takes to be reimbursed (a month is way to long).
Work-Life Balance is important-adding in some work-life benifits will help moral.
You should know that almost everyone I speak with says they are unhappy and are currently looking for a new job.

161 Other Employee Reviews for ICON (View Most Recent)

Don't expect work life balance

Former Employee - CRA II  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - CRA II in Austin, TX

I worked at ICON full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great health insurance and benefits

Cons

They over work the CRAs.

Very difficult to work with internal departments that have zero accountability for errors or lack of responses.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Farmingdale, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at ICON full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

easy going and mindfull of personal life issues

Cons

Make SMT, SS, LAB, RLD, and Data departments individually accountable for their actions

There are newer employer reviews for ICON

Worked for ICON? Contribute to the Community!