ICON

www.iconplc.com

Ok place to work if you don't expect to learn or maintain up to date skills.

Pros

Basic health insurance is very good and monthly employee premium is very reasonable. Good number of vacation days to start. Great people

Cons

Inexperienced managers though they are trying to get better. Not much of a career path or professional development opportunities.

Other reviews for ICON

Clinical Research Associate

Former Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Good CTMS systems. Good initial training program

Cons

Heavy workload and deceptive regarding travel requirements

Support work-life balance

If your a monitor RUN and run fast to another company

Current Employee - Senior CRA
    Current Employee - Senior CRA

Pros

They pay you a very high salary.

Cons

Very disorganized. The marjority of the management is very new and their training is terrible. My manager has not been able to answer a single question (including helping me with my timesheet) unless consulting her manager first.
    The trials are a mess. Icon seems to put profitability first (instead of quality). Almost all of the CRAs I have interacted with are planning on quiting at their one year anniversary (so they don't have to pay the bonus back). The new CRA bonus program is a sham, they will not pay it even if things are out of your control (your report is signed off one day late because of the CTM).
    The training is awful so if you are new to the industry or the job then you are going to learn the hard way.

Better communication on the company goals (not one person has been able to tell me the company philosophy).
    Better job training for CRAs, CRA Managers, and CTMs (this should include more time on Icon systems).
    Update the travel policy (it is the worst in the industry)
    Stop having us mail in paper receipts for reimbursements. Decrease the time it takes to be reimbursed (a month is way to long).
    Work-Life Balance is important-adding in some work-life benifits will help moral.
    You should know that almost everyone I speak with says they are unhappy and are currently looking for a new job.

There are newer employer reviews for ICON.

Worked for ICON? Contribute to the Community!