ICON

www.iconplc.com

Hard work, long hours, little pay

CRA (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits -- the health insurance offered is very good and low cost to employees. The people who work for ICON are smart and very hard working. You'll make some great connections for future job opportunities (because the turnover at ICON is very high).

ConsEmployees are over-allocated, underpaid, and under appreciated. If you enjoy working your ass off, working long hours, and struggling to meet timelines because of a lack of resources, only to have it go unnoticed, then ICON is the place for you. There is no career development here, unless you know how to work the system or are lucky and assigned to studies where you are given opportunities. It's hard working in the same position for years with no guarantee that you'll ever get anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees what they're worth! Work on your resourcing! Enhance career development and give people a reason to stay.

If you have enough experience that you do not have to ask anyone what to do, than this company is for you.

Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at ICON full-time for more than a year

Pros: Interesting studies. Nice people. Good benefits. Cons: Over allocated. Managers inexperienced. Poorly run studies. Timelines unrealistic. Everything is outsourced… Advice to Senior Management: Hire managers with experience. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Funny organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ICON as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: There are some good people there Cons: My team leader was in Ireland and it seemed like he… Advice to Senior Management: Have more Americans working there, fewer from middle East, they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ICON.

Worked for ICON? Contribute to the Community!