Awesome place to work in San Diego

Current Employee - Technology Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Technology Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ID Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonus plan for all employees! Nice upside. Seriously!!! Culture, Culture, Culture! We have a great entrepreneurial culture and one that actually empowers people to do their best. You will love the people that work here. One day we were all surprised when each person at the company got a 32GB iPad as a "Thank you." It was such a nice way to recognize the team. This is the type of leaders that we have. They actually take the time to recongize all the employees. It was very cool and people just loved the iPad mini. One of my managers said it best, “We have the best of both worlds: The awesome benefits of a larger high-growth public company (LOCK) and the great work environment of a smaller business (i.e. little politics, an executive team and a CEO that is approachable, and a place where you feel like you can make a real difference). Lots of exposure to cutting-edge technology. Both public and private cloud/hosting environments. Big Data/Analytics company with lots of interesting problems to solve in a fast-growing market. We have a lot of PhDs that work on some pretty mind-bending stuff. A sharp group of people that come from large high tech environments, who want to have more autonomy and control of their destiny. You can still have some semblance of a balanced life, which means you will not be forced to make a decision between being a good father/mother or husband/wife and succeeding at your job. The management really gets it that we need to do both. Deliver results for the business AND also deliver on our personal commitments..

Cons

1. Cons – There is a high expectation placed on excellence in everything we do. 2. In a smaller business, there is a lot more visibility and accountability. This is not place where you can hide! ;) 3. This company is very much an "in-the-office" culture. Don't expect to work from home regularly. There is lots of flexibility but if you insist that you need to WFH, then this place won't be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on ways to innovate and increase our value to our clients. We have a lot of great data that we can do so much with it. Need to invest more in the new and emerging markets. BTW: Thanks for introducing a bonus plan for ALL employees! It’s great to share the success with everyone who works hard to make the business run and succeed.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

World Class Company with Great People

I have been working at ID Analytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at IDA for over two years and find it the best place I've ever worked at. The people are amazing, from the technology support staff all the way up to the leadership team. At my old company I had to know who to avoid because some people were never happy. That type of person doesn't exist here. There is an open door policy and anyone can bring any issue or concern up to the team. Do you want to use your own mobile phone at IDA? Bring it an get a monthly check for $100 to cover your service. Do you prefer a Mac or a PC? You get to pick your system. The facilities are being upgraded to compete with the ever evolving bay area climate. From a work ethic perspective, the leadership team keeps it real. No excessive hours, just do your job and meet your commitment. We run an agile development shop so the teams commit to their work, dates don't get pushed down. Product owners may request date but the leadership team respects the scrum teams.

Cons

Until recently we've been slow to adopt new technologies but that's changing big time. A couple of departments seem to be stronger than others and people know which those are but the leadership team has heard that issue, from what I can tell, and is bolstering the other major department. Things still get done most quickly by a couple of old timers and as a previous review said it appears there's some favorites. Fortunately these are minor concerns.

Advice to Management

Keep the ship on the current compass heading, great waters lie ahead.

2. Unbelievable camaraderie. Amazing benefits. Great leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ID Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Due to the recent hiring of some top notch leadership, ID Analytics has become a hub for technology innovation, collaboration and has transformed its culture. I absolutely love going into work everyday because the people here are courteous, level headed, and really live up to their high standards. Senior leadership has the company on the right track, and having LifeLock as a parent company has proven to be very beneficial for the employees of ID Analytics. The executives and HR teams really listen to the employees' feedback, and morale is higher here than any other place I've ever worked.

Cons

The product's complexity can be daunting at times, however the data scientists do their best to provide training on how the engine really works.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, you're on the right path with the recent hires you've made, I just hope you do not lose sight of how important a 'small company' mentality is as the company grows and is successful.