Great people, Bad Pay

Former Employee - Assistant Media Strategist  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Assistant Media Strategist in New York, NY

I worked at ID Media Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people in the office are great and they do a lot to make sure that employees get opportunities to interact with one and another, including interdepartmental training's.

Cons

A lot of work and the pay for entry level was worst than most

Other Reviews for ID Media Worldwide

Poorly managed company with very little growth.

I worked at ID Media Worldwide full-time

Pros

Lots of days off and good benefits. Some nice people to work with. The office had a nice location and office building.

Cons

Management is not interested in your career growth. The job you are hired for is what they want you to do indefinitely. There are not opportunites to work on different tasks or learn new skills. The company lacks growth because new business replaces old business. If you like a stagnant work environment this place is for you. Very low salaries and long hours which lead to high turnover. In my last year there I counted 8 people that left, about a 40% turnover. Again, no long term growth. Also, understaffed with few assistants, so even if you get promoted you still do the duties of an assistant. Only senior level and above get assistant help. Gets old watching upper level skip out the door at 5:15pm and you are regularly there until 730p or 8p, four nights a week, sometimes Sat., doing your work plus assistant work. You are disrespected frequently by upper managment. Anything bad they blame on workers underneath them. They are never accountable or wrong. I resigned after not receiving a promotion.

Get more help at the assistant level, so mid level people are not working 50 to 60 hours per week and coming in on Saturdays to get work done. There is no reason for a mid level experienced worker to be doing pre and post logs, and calling for invoices when they have media buys and negotiations to get done. Then managment camplains about your work quality, when they are the ones leaving at 515p because they all have assistants. Also, pay workers a fair salary and the turnover wont be so high. Also, women run the show so I would not recommend for a man. Anti-male and probably only hire due to EEO laws that dictate a certain number have to be hired.

Great Entry Level Media Agency

Former Employee - Assistant Media Investment Buyer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Media Investment Buyer in New York, NY

I worked at ID Media Worldwide for more than 8 years

Pros

Learned a lot about the media industry, great location for subway, great accounts, overtime,

Cons

Stressful work, not a stable working environment, loss of accounts can create turnover unlike other large agencies, women dominated company

Talk to employees about loss of accounts, and how we will be affected.

There are newer employer reviews for ID Media Worldwide.

Worked for ID Media Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!