It's not all sunshine and roses, but pretty darn close

Current Employee - Scientific Research Associate III  in  Westbrook, ME
Current Employee - Scientific Research Associate III in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work environment.
Nice buildings and grounds. Employees really seem to take ownership in our building.
Personal Growth Leave
GiVE - The global volunteer program

Cons

Our insurance is not great, but at least we have somthing
IDEXX is going through some growing pains. We are still in a small company mindset and need to change our focus to move into the big company world we want to be in.

You are doing a lot of the right things. Don't lose sight of them when you are trying to change and address the issues that do need to be fixed

Other Reviews for IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Simply the best tech company to work for in the state of Maine.

Current Employee - Designer  in  Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - Designer in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a slew of creative & highly technical jobs within IDEXX, with ample room for advancement. The company is successful, lending towards secure, long-term careers. And the sense of competitiveness and culture of innovation means that there's a good chance you can work on something fun and rewarding!

Cons

Performance expectations and resource constraints can make many departments within IDEXX stressful to work for or with (especially IT). The relatively limited talent pool of Southern Maine means that you'll also have to deal with the occasional weak link, forcing you to make up the slack or lower the quality of work produced.

Focus on core products. While pushing for innovation, it's also important to allow for breathing room to improve current products. Beauty and polish are important, but often overlooked in the race to check-off the next feature.

Labor Heavy Environment

Current Employee - Lab Technician  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

Gain lots of lab experience. Work odd hours. Also, it is a job.

Cons

Managers think they are running a sweatshop. On your feet all the time. Running around. Hardly meeting crazy deadlines. No breaks

Staffing is inadequate. Must be able to handle three people's workload. You will be wiped out by the end of the shift. Not to mention the work-week.

A little compassion.

There are newer employer reviews for IDEXX Laboratories, Inc..

Worked for IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!