Employees come last at IDEXX

Former Employee - Research in Westbrook, ME
Former Employee - Research in Westbrook, ME

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

Numerous benefits beyond medical/dental/401k, professional work environment

Cons

Salaries, advancement possibilities, management, adoption of new technology

Advice to Management

You need to promote merit and tenure advancement of current employees to senior positions. You should look within the company for senior management. The numbers of non-management to management employees are skewed too heavily towards the management side (at one point I was directly reporting to five different managers at once) You need to accept the fact that you are in direct competition with Boston and Southern New England for talent and your salaries need to reflect this. Currently they are too low to attract top level talent away from biotech centers.

Other Employee Reviews for IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

It's not all sunshine and roses, but pretty darn close

Current Employee - Scientific Research Associate III in Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - Scientific Research Associate III in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Nice buildings and grounds. Employees really seem to take ownership in our building. Personal Growth Leave GiVE - The global volunteer program

Cons

Our insurance is not great, but at least we have somthing IDEXX is going through some growing pains. We are still in a small company mindset and need to change our focus to move into the big company world we want to be in.

Advice to Management

You are doing a lot of the right things. Don't lose sight of them when you are trying to change and address the issues that do need to be fixed

So glad I came to IDEXX!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel well-respected and supported, that I can truly make a difference, and that I am trusted to do it here and do it well. It is a growing company, I see nothing but opportunity for advancement and it's great to be able to see my career path for the next few years. I love the fast pace, the bias for action, and working for a company that is not afraid to spend money. Single stream recycling, paperless office, and a new LEEDs certified building show that IDEXX supports the environment 2 paid days off a year for volunteering. Very involved CIO with great vision.

Cons

Hours can sometimes be long, but time flies by quickly because I love what I am doing! Processes are still not very mature - feels like a start up at times, but that can be energizing.