There are newer employer reviews for IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Top notch organization... but not to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management and above have high level skills at doing their jobs. Professionally you will be developed in relation to your skill set. They screen employees to make sure have the right skills for their jobs.

Cons

Do not care about their employees family lives. They foster environments that do not help families and corporate events that have inappropriate conduct to say the least. Would not recommend letting family work here. Also, it is VERY VERY difficult to move up. It is a known fact that once you start at a certain level, the chances of moving up are next to none. Would not recommend working there. I chose another opportunity with a stronger, top-notch company and have been much more pleased.

Advice to Management

Think more about structure you create for work life balance and family health.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Employees come last at IDEXX

Former Employee - Research in Westbrook, ME
    Former Employee - Research in Westbrook, ME

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

Numerous benefits beyond medical/dental/401k, professional work environment

Cons

Salaries, advancement possibilities, management, adoption of new technology

Advice to Management

You need to promote merit and tenure advancement of current employees to senior positions. You should look within the company for senior management. The numbers of non-management to management employees are skewed too heavily towards the management side (at one point I was directly reporting to five different managers at once) You need to accept the fact that you are in direct competition with Boston and Southern New England for talent and your salaries need to reflect this. Currently they are too low to attract top level talent away from biotech centers.

It's not all sunshine and roses, but pretty darn close

Current Employee - Scientific Research Associate III in Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - Scientific Research Associate III in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Nice buildings and grounds. Employees really seem to take ownership in our building. Personal Growth Leave GiVE - The global volunteer program

Cons

Our insurance is not great, but at least we have somthing IDEXX is going through some growing pains. We are still in a small company mindset and need to change our focus to move into the big company world we want to be in.

Advice to Management

You are doing a lot of the right things. Don't lose sight of them when you are trying to change and address the issues that do need to be fixed