IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

www.idexx.com

Slow Down and Take Care of Some HR Business!

Facilities (Current Employee) Westbrook, ME

ProsStable employment in a State where there are very few opportunities for real careers and earnings.

ConsEight years ago this place was too good to be true. Over the last three to four years it has taken a turn for the worst. Like many other reviews, most of the departments are run by managers with personal agendas and clearly look at employees as easily replaceable in a downturn economy. The company has tried to offset some of the negative employee issues with a "My Voice" survey given to employees the last two years. What I have seen is a lot of talk about some of the key issues and no tangible movement to resolve any of them.

In my department, Facilities, the same key issues of trust/respect, accountability and the willingness to speak up were repeat issues. The managers in Facilities are clueless on how to even start to deal with these items. Our department has essentially been leaderless with no clear direction for over three years. Our former Director left about 6 months ago but prior to this he allowed his middle managers to run amok and sending employees off in all directions with no purpose or common goals. We get things done out of necessity but in a manner that is dysfunctional and costly with back stabbing, gossiping and undermining each other the norm. There is a current effort to replace the Director, which most are hoping will get us back on track. Unfortunately there are a few of the dysfunctional middle managers that have applied for this position. If any of them get hired for the position it would be a disaster for our department and the company. We NEED someone to come in and clean house, clean up the lack of accountability, stop middle management personal agendas from guiding us and get everyone in Facilities pointed in the right direction. We are hoping to have this new leadership in place by Q1 (2013). I am optimistic that things will work out. In the meantime I am looking outside of IDEXX for opportunities if the slide continues in our department.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's too bad that you cannot put yourself in your employee's shoes to see what is really going on at the ground floor. Not sure what you are going to do when the economy does really turn around and you have a mass exodus of employees walking out the door. Now is when you want to fix the problems before things are too late.

Disappointed--avoid if possible

R&D Manager (Current Employee) Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: if negotiated well and lucky you get good wage and… Cons: --Full of managers playing politics ,with complete disregard for existing employees (R&D) --No respect for current full time employees ,so no company loyalty built,every one tries… Advice to Senior Management: --Take some action dont just talk --value your existing employees ,they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No accountability. Very inconsistent from one department to another.

Engineer (Current Employee) Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very complicated and intellectually challenging work. Clean, modern facility. Freedom to do your work how you like. Some… Cons: Corporate culture: IDEXX is made up out of at least a dozen tribes with very different levels of ethics and treatment of employees. Where you… Advice to Senior Management: Ethics: You are taking the right steps by trying to improve the culture, but you need to accelerate it and create accountability to it. Stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on IDEXX Laboratories, Inc..

Worked for IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!