IDG Enterprise

Some good, some bad.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at IDG Enterprise full-time

Pros

The CEO is a good guy and enthusiastic about his company.

Cons

Depending on your group, you could be working with some great people. Alternatively, you could work with completely frustrating and difficult people - and that will make every single day pain-staking and exhausting.

When people quit - REPLACE THEM. Leaving open vacancies for years on end piles the work onto the people who are left, who will inevitably quit because they're no longer happy.

11 Other Employee Reviews for IDG Enterprise (View Most Recent)

Decent benefits

Current Employee - Executive Editor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Editor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at IDG Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, free bagels on Friday

Cons

Corporate is very page view focused, but doesn't set clear goals. We missed what the company wanted without even knowing we were failing.

Churn and burn

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I worked at IDG Enterprise (more than an year)

Pros

lots of work to do, you'll always be busy
    most of the people who work there are nice
    short commute

Cons

everyone is overworked, you won't have time to do do your best effort and no one in management cares as long as they remain super profitable and get big bonus checks.

churn and burn! high turnover due to low salaries is part of the plan. coworkers who had been there a while said they used to pay decent but a few years ago they cut everyone's pay 10% so lots of the best people quit or got laid off.

very low pay compared to where i work at now doing same job. most employees i talk to still there don't seem very happy. my new boss actually asked me about it in the interview, not sure how he had heard this. when i left idg i met with HR, they asked everyone why people leave but i didn't say much. it didn't seem to matter. they used to say my current company treated employees badly, but i've been here for almost 2 years and it doesn't seem that way. they must just say that so you're scared to quit.

no need to give advice to managers unless its how to make more profit or trim payroll, thats the only stat that matters there. they'll do great. every month they have a meeting and tell you how many millions they're going to make. you probably won't see it in your paycheck though.

There are newer employer reviews for IDG Enterprise