There are newer employer reviews for IDG Enterprise

I work as a sales officer for the events of the company

I have been working at IDG Enterprise

Pros

Very open and friendly co-officers
Flexible time

Cons

The style of management is not very good

Advice to Management

Managers at high level should take care more of temp officers and give them more chance to develop

reviews filtered by
  1. Great coworkers can make even a tough job bearable

I have been working at IDG Enterprise

Pros

Great team of coworkers. Interesting events to work on - good exposure to different event types, clients, etc. Good vacation/ time off policy.

Cons

Working for a media company in this economy is stressful - uncertain future, layoffs, etc. Restrictive events budgets made our jobs very difficult and frustrating at times. Not too much support for training.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees - not just the management team.

2. Poor middle management and upper management. Misconception that outside people hold the answers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I worked at IDG Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits were always good.

Cons

When I was there outside management came in, hired their friends, let go anyone they did not know. My department head liked to take the department out as an excuse to get drunk. Never really understood where we were, what we had accomplished, and what the future would hold. Just wanted to delete anything that came before. When that happened, by firing people and hiring over priced consultants, other people in middle management were scared, said nothing, did nothing -- just sat by and saved their own jobs. Many good people were affected. I learned that my real friends were not the ones I thought. Working there was my life. I thought that my co-workers were like family. Eventually my department head was indeed let go and now the company is worse off for it and paying for her incompetence. I don't think they will learn from the past and are doomed to repeat it. I still stay in touch with some people there and wish them all the best.

Advice to Management

Respect. Listen. Acknowledge. Learn. Trust. Empower. Seams pretty obvious.
    They need to keep things flat and not obsess on the "marshmallow on the stick" -- nod to a Ted Talk by Tom Wujec.