IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group

www.iehinc.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group

Alright as a foot-in-the-door job, but I see some manager-corporate problems.

I have been working at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group

Pros

A great job for getting started in commercial lab work after college. My coworkers have been really nice, even went to one's wedding even though she was let go several months before. Getting time off has not been a problem and coworkers have been flexible about filling in time.

Cons

There seems to be some friction between the lab managers and whoever it is they have to interact with at corporate headquarters. Getting consumables is sometimes hard.

Advice to Management

I think my lab manager would welcome some training or help interacting with corporate. New multichannel pipettes would be awesome.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work!

I have been working at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group

Pros

I really love being an analyst and working for IEH has been a perfect fit for me! The pay and benefits are decent. The work you do is very important and rewarding!

All of the people in operations are knowledgable, responsive, understanding, and have been nothing but helpful. They run this company very well.

The owners of the company are really good people and very generous to their employees.

Cons

It sometime can be hard to find the work/home balance, but that can be true anywhere you work. The company is generous with the amount they give for vacation.

Advice to Management

I have no advice.

Look elsewhere, for your own sake.

Former Employee - Microbiologist
    Former Employee - Microbiologist

I worked at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a place to get work experience out of college. Also, most of the people you get to work with are great. Insurance benefits. A paycheck.

Cons

I feel like it is my duty to inform people what they are getting into before working here. It says something about a company when one of the only 'Pros' from other reviews on here are simply to get experience. I've worked in multiple labs for IEH and would have to say that communication between management and microbiologists is abysmal. Yes, the work load was heavy at times, but it isn't fair to list that as a con; the method in which labs were managed was inefficient. They discourage overtime to save money, yet our lab director will constantly call employees to come in and assist with the work because there is simply too much.

The turnover rate is extremely high for a reason. From my short span of working here for about 1.5 years, I have witnessed lab directors, supervisors and over 15 analysts leave (a number of them even quit after 2 weeks of working here). The pay is way too low for the amount of work we do here, and that hard work goes unappreciated. Zero work/life balance.

The 5-star reviews here seem fishy; wouldn't be surprised if they were all written by management. If they really thought working here was 'rewarding', 'meaningful', and 'challenging', then I question what they value in working as a scientist.

Advice to Management

I understand that it's a business and lab analysts are needed to process all the samples, and you can only staff so many people in one lab, but one or two extra people would be nice. Increase the pay for the amount of stress we endure each day making sure clients are happy and paying IEH.

I appreciate the opportunity to work here, but there wasn't really a reason for me to stay any longer, and I'm sure many others that left have felt the same way.