There are newer employer reviews for IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group

Alright as a foot-in-the-door job, but I see some manager-corporate problems.

I have been working at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group

Pros

A great job for getting started in commercial lab work after college. My coworkers have been really nice, even went to one's wedding even though she was let go several months before. Getting time off has not been a problem and coworkers have been flexible about filling in time.

Cons

There seems to be some friction between the lab managers and whoever it is they have to interact with at corporate headquarters. Getting consumables is sometimes hard.

I think my lab manager would welcome some training or help interacting with corporate. New multichannel pipettes would be awesome.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great entry-level microbiologist lab tech position.

I have been working at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in schedule and annual raises with bonus.

Cons

Working conditions (very hot -100 F and/or very cold -30-40F)and environment (smoke and plastic fumes ocassionally

There should be more regulations for the safety of satellite laboratories.

2. Good People, Terrible Schedules

Current Employee - Laboratory Analyst
    Current Employee - Laboratory Analyst

I have been working at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay for the work. Upper management is accessible and reasonable. The company is growing and expanding. Plenty of good people working here.

Cons

Some labs are understaffed making it difficult to take time off for any reason. The nature of the work is such that labs are customer service oriented and therefore schedules can be pretty awful at some locations. The work is pretty mundane. Not much room for growth; lots of highly qualified people with nowhere to go.

I've been with IEH for 4 1/2 years and have noted positive changes in the management system and training during that time. Keep it up.

There are newer employer reviews for IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group