There are newer employer reviews for IEM

Great environment to learn; not to grow

Current Employee - EM Associate in Durham, NC
Current Employee - EM Associate in Durham, NC

I have been working at IEM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incredibly smart people work at IEM and as an employee you get your hands in on a myriad of projects across sectors and stakeholder levels. Really valuable opportunities to gain experience outside of specialty area. The most flexible working environment as well!

Cons

There is no room for professional growth and very little opportunity for sponsored professional development. Project execution is carried out at the Associate or Analyst level. The Managers serve more as salesmen than anything else. Very few opportunities to move up within the company.

Promote visibility of employee expertise across company.
Provide a means of internal growth to promote employee longevity.

14 Other Employee Reviews for IEM (View Most Recent)

Good company

I worked at IEM

Pros

Good working environment and good support from the management

Cons

Sometimes things are dragging on too long

Time for process improvement

Working at IEM has been the highlight of my professional career.

I have been working at IEM full-time

Pros

Being surrounded by smart, engaged employees who are all working to make a difference is energizing. The work we do is about making the world a safer place, not promoting IEM or ourselves. That mission--and the partners, customers, and coworkers that share that mission with you--makes working at IEM very rewarding.

Cons

When we make a bad hire, we can be very slow to acknowledge it and take the necessary steps to turn that employee around or move on.

We are a government contractor with all of the ups and downs that come with it.

IEM is only as good as its people. Spend more time training, developing, and promoting the in-house talent. Give them the room and opportunity to grow with IEM. Empower your managers and top performers. Allow them to fail if necessary. When they do, pick them up, dust them off, and encourage them to try again.

There are newer employer reviews for IEM