Good company

I worked at IEM

Pros

Good working environment and good support from the management

Cons

Sometimes things are dragging on too long

Advice to Management

Time for process improvement

reviews filtered by
  1. Long term employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at IEM

Pros

Flex time and amazingly talented professionals make working at this company a huge plus. I've seen questionable ethical practices of some others in this industry, and I am proud to say I work for IEM.

Cons

Current performance system lacks transparency, but this undergoing a change.

Advice to Management

Hang on to the talent you have and offer more opportunities for professional growth.

2. Great tech company: Tackling big problems in a flexible and fun collaborative environment.

Current Employee - Senior Scientist
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist

I have been working at IEM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IEM is a really fun place to work. We use state-of-the-art science and technology to tackle tough, open research problems in an atmosphere of collaboration, and mutual respect. We have true flex hours, flex holiday/vacation hours that rollover, and a relaxed dress code; these give employees the power to effectively balance professional commitments with personal priorities. It’s been a great place to work while raising small children.

Cons

If you are the type of person that needs close, constant supervision and instruction, IEM is probably not the place for you. IEM values independent thought, innovative solutions, and the blazing of new trails. If you’re looking for a place to coast on the tailwind of others, you probably won’t be happy at IEM.

Advice to Management

IEM management is very open to suggestions and ideas. Any advice that I’ve had for management, I’ve already passed along.