IG Group

www.iggroup.com

Good as at the very beginning or the very end of your career.

Java Developer (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat company culture, relaxed environment, not too stressful.
I met very great and experienced people ready to share experiences and have the occasional beer.
I think it's a great place to have a first exposure to a "big" company, without the stress that usually comes to it: very recent technologies, good developing best-practices, agile environment.
A great place to do a Graduate Scheme and have that first step into Finance.

Also, IG would be a great place if you are looking for a technical position that won't stress you, 9am-6pm, fairly incremental work.

ConsAfter a while, you can learn something new only if you try really hard. The source of innovation comes more from the minds of bright employees that strive for improvements than from Management or the Company in general.

Also, it feels like IG is becoming more and more corporate by the day, and this transition is not being handled as smoothly as it could. I guess this will settle down, in time, but right now things change every day, not necessarily in coherent directions, and this leaves employes wondering what is the "bigger picture", if there is one.

Salaries not very competitive, for City standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize resources better, value the work of your younger employees (grads, juniors): it's a waste of time if after spending one or two years training them, they just leave for another place and you have to start all over.
Also, coordinate the communication between teams and departments better.

High politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at IG Group

Pros: - good work life balance Cons: - Highly political environment - Fading entrepreneurial fading No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good company to work with.

Developer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IG Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good work and good package if you negotiate proper.. Cons: In India people are not aware of company. So please… Advice to Senior Management: Be aggressive.. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on IG Group.

Worked for IG Group? Contribute to the Community!