IHOP

www.ihop.com
  www.ihop.com
There are newer employer reviews for IHOP

Great customer service experience.

Current Employee - Server in Culpeper, VA
Current Employee - Server in Culpeper, VA

I have been working at IHOP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very sociable area everyone works well together.

Cons

Working on your service time, sometimes you get caught up in the moment of the busy time.

Very sociable have management past experience so know what to look for stand out attitude.

224 Other Employee Reviews for IHOP (View Most Recent)

One of the worst places I have ever worked !!!!

Former Employee - Server in Cheektowaga, NY
    Former Employee - Server in Cheektowaga, NY

I worked at IHOP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Busy restaurant. Some really nice customers

Cons

Lousy management, lots of ghetto low tipping complaining customers and crappy employees. They have been robbed in the past more than once. Constantly running out of items, overworked, threatened with shift cuts if you don't get survey quota's in, sexually harrassed by a coworker, tons of sidework. Very negative and stressfull work enviroment. Lasted a week and quit.

Fix the nasty smell in the bathrooms, hire some decent help and treat your good employees better.

The damages outweigh the benefits.

Former Employee - Server in Covington, LA
    Former Employee - Server in Covington, LA

I worked at IHOP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working on the night shift, I met a lot of incredibly interesting people. I got to become very close with some of the customers, as most of the traffic in the restaurant were from regulars. The customers really wanted to take care of their servers, and in return, we wanted to make their experience awesome. The environment between servers and guests was rarely anything but positive. Getting 50% off food was great as well, and tips usually far exceeded the typical 20% area.

Cons

The majority of the managers talked down to you, and the intra-business environment felt like high school. In the worst way possible. Gossip came up as a problem more than it ever has at any other job. I was never scheduled less than overtime, and on most of my shifts, it would exceed 10 hours. I wouldn't have minded that, aside from the fact that we were only given a half-hour break for the entire shift, and we were never even guaranteed that. Countless times, I would go on break, and not even five minutes later, they would tell me I needed to clock back in. I was working at least 6 days a week, with shifts that lasted 9 hours minimum. Plus, if the guest's order was wrong, you were usually blamed for it, and the managers (with the exception of two) would make you pay for the discount/error out of pocket. The branch I worked at was corrupt and backwards. When I told them I could not work overtime because of college, they told me I either worked the schedule I was given, or I wouldn't work there at all. I went to collect my last paycheck, only to be chewed out by my now ex-general manager who I had seen in the restaurant on my shifts a total of 5 or 6 times. It was incredibly unprofessional, and the amount of breaches in federal labor laws astonished me.

After I discontinued my employment there, one of the regional managers asked me if there was anything he could do to convince me to return as a server. He had absolutely no idea the kind of treatment employees received there, and he couldn't seem to figure out why 90% of the people that had been hired (at the IHOP I had worked at) all had quit within less than two months. The upper management needs to keep a closer eye on the individual stores.

There are newer employer reviews for IHOP