Great Colleagues, Poor Executive Management

Former Employee - Senior Director in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Senior Director in Denver, CO

I worked at IHS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

98% of the poeple I worked with were amazing - hard working, dedicated, teammates in success, etc. I made incredible friendships and found it easy to work at or below my level to get things done.

Cons

The executive management team in action was like watching an MMA event. I have never seen the amount of jostling, positioning, back-stabbing, etc for executives to try and gain power, control, and favor with the CEO as at IHS. It's senior leadership team truly resembles the one sitting on the dias in the original "Wall Street" movie. It is a shame, as the few good leaders get pushed down or aside by the bad ones.

Advice to Management

Understand that, despite your best intentions at the CXO level, your VPs underneath you do not practice the company values or mission. They are more concerned about power than people or quality. It might look good today as the stock value appreciates, but it is NOT sustainable long-term.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The excitement surrounding the company's current and potential growth is infectious!!!

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at IHS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Because IHS is such a highly acquisitve company, the pace is very fast. In a good way!
    *The executives are all extremely cordial and welcome feedback
    *Great work/life balance
    *The synergy amongst employees is the best I've seen at any company because everyone holds "stock" in the company and wants to contribute to it's success

Cons

*Lack of office space - but at the growth rate, can you blame 'em!
    *Honestly, no other complaints!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You have a lot of colleagues who respect and trust your judgment and can't wait to see what the future holds for IHS!

Advancing Decisions that Advance the World

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at IHS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-IHS has acquired dozens of companies and will some day be able to offer a single platform to deliver content from any of its best-in-breed critical information and insight solutions
    -Global company, hosts a world sales conference annually to bring sales colleagues together
    -Sales incentive trip awarded each year to top performers- usually a week in Hawaii
    -Good benefits, stock rewards for improvements on customer satisfaction surveys/hitting sales targets

Cons

-acquisitions take a long time to "melt" into a feeling of truly being "one company"
    -trudging through integration of internal processes

Advice to Management

Invest more in technology starting with a new ihs.com. Beef up servers for internal systems such as CRM. Beef up sales peoples' laptop performance capabilities so they are not slowing them down.. the extra $50 for RAM is a big help! Invest more into product development to ensure we can stand behind the pricing that we ask for our best-in-breed products.