IHS

www.ihs.com

Great Colleagues, Poor Executive Management

Former Employee - Senior Director  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Senior Director in Denver, CO

Pros

98% of the poeple I worked with were amazing - hard working, dedicated, teammates in success, etc. I made incredible friendships and found it easy to work at or below my level to get things done.

Cons

The executive management team in action was like watching an MMA event. I have never seen the amount of jostling, positioning, back-stabbing, etc for executives to try and gain power, control, and favor with the CEO as at IHS. It's senior leadership team truly resembles the one sitting on the dias in the original "Wall Street" movie. It is a shame, as the few good leaders get pushed down or aside by the bad ones.

Understand that, despite your best intentions at the CXO level, your VPs underneath you do not practice the company values or mission. They are more concerned about power than people or quality. It might look good today as the stock value appreciates, but it is NOT sustainable long-term.

Other reviews for IHS

Advancing Decisions that Advance the World

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alexandria, VA

Pros

-IHS has acquired dozens of companies and will some day be able to offer a single platform to deliver content from any of its best-in-breed critical information and insight solutions
    -Global company, hosts a world sales conference annually to bring sales colleagues together
    -Sales incentive trip awarded each year to top performers- usually a week in Hawaii
    -Good benefits, stock rewards for improvements on customer satisfaction surveys/hitting sales targets

Cons

-acquisitions take a long time to "melt" into a feeling of truly being "one company"
    -trudging through integration of internal processes

Invest more in technology starting with a new ihs.com. Beef up servers for internal systems such as CRM. Beef up sales peoples' laptop performance capabilities so they are not slowing them down.. the extra $50 for RAM is a big help! Invest more into product development to ensure we can stand behind the pricing that we ask for our best-in-breed products.

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Director  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO

Pros

Terrific and innovative benefits and compensation structure, senior leadership works very hard, right along side the colleagues - demonstrates the right values, impressive growth and stability

Cons

speed of growth leaves many catching up to build infrastructure.

IHS is an amazing company and a standout among others. Continue to invest in the tools that will allow our company to grow.

There are newer employer reviews for IHS.

Worked for IHS? Contribute to the Community!