There are newer employer reviews for IHS

Good starter job for fresh out of college kids

Current Employee - Analyst I  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Analyst I in Houston, TX

I have been working at IHS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits
Pushes you to be adaptable to change

Cons

No actual advancement
Low pay raises
Too many acquisitions
Always in reorganization

Stop acquiring so many companies

238 Other Employee Reviews for IHS (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Senior Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at IHS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, very diverse work enviroment, not an old boys club. Full of characters from all over the world (young and old, many different cultures, languages and backgrounds),
     My immediate boss is great. Nice office enviroment in an upscale part of town. Bonus shares of stock vested after one year tied to company performance.

Cons

2 % wage increases, even though the company is reporting record profits. Healthcare plan has pleny of room for improvement. Big corporate company that has been buying up smalll informaiton companies like crazy; down side is those people who made in through the initial aquisition are too concerned with protecting their own turf, mainly in the sales department. Sales is carved up into fiefdoms that dont make product sense.

Eliminate some of those middle-manament from the upper end. Honestly the chain of bosses between me and the CEO in huge. I don't even have any interaction with many of the "managers" above me. My immediate supervisor is great. Pay the staff of analysts and data collectors better, they are the real value in this company.

Not a pleasant experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at IHS full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are in line with market, or a little above. Generally nice people to work with, outside of management.

Cons

Management is a mess -- they project smiles but it's well known it's open warfare among the senior management team as they position themselves. Middle managers are terrible -- they do nothing but protect their paychecks at the expense of everyone in their departments. I've seen horrible treatment of good people who were doing good work. Be prepared to be in early, stay late and always be available, no matter what your position or situation, and don't expect to be thanked for the extra effort, because there is no work/life balance.

You have too many layers of management for such a medium sized company, and they are not serving your employees well. It's a keep your head down mentality for most employees, who could and want to do better.

There are newer employer reviews for IHS

Worked for IHS? Contribute to the Community!