There are newer employer reviews for IHS

IHS strong despite poor economy

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at IHS

Pros

IHS has a unique value proposition in our market place. The combination of data products across four domains offers clients one-stop shopping that can't be found elsewhere.

Cons

Just as at most corporations, the decision making process can be slow.

Keep up the good work!

244 Other Employee Reviews for IHS (View Most Recent)

Beware

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at IHS

Pros

Energy industry, established company, currently carry no debt.

Cons

Slow moving organization, room for advancement is slim due to tenured employees. Management makes promises it does not keep.

Develop career development plan and reward high performing employees based on sound metrics.

Good work environment, excellent compensation

Former Employee - Data Transformation Specialist/Receptionist in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at IHS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities for internal and external training, and always ways to customize your job for more growth opportunities. Compensation was more than fair for the job level I had, and the benefit package was excellent. They even give away more than just a few stock shares to their employees every year, just for achieving high customer satisfaction across the board.

The company also has high standards and good values. There was much emphasis on corporate sustainability, and they even give you some free hours (aside from FTO hours) to go volunteer someplace, so long as it fits within the company's sustainability parameters. Also, what happens within work hours tended to stay within work hours, so work-life balance was easy to maintain (at least, where I worked).

Cons

My particular experience at IHS is not necessarily typical for others at the company, especially those who worked in the larger offices. Mine was small, just 3 people. So most of the cons of my job were in how isolated and set apart our office was, and how our mini-size of office meant we couldn't enjoy a lot of the amenities of a larger office.

Leadership at my particular office wasn't superb, and there wasn't much of a sense of community where I worked. A lot of the good stuff about IHS (aside from the benefits and pay) seemed miles away, and in fact, they were.

I also wasn't happy that we practically had to wait for some of our equipment to be on its last dying legs before being replaced.

Perhaps you could focus a little bit less on growth and acquisitions, and focus a bit more on improving and better coordinating what you have. Also, you could expand a bit on what types of volunteer activities could meet the criteria for furthering sustainability goals.

There are newer employer reviews for IHS