IKEA

www.ikea.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for IKEA

It's pretty good for a retail job.

Current Employee - Sales Co-Worker in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Sales Co-Worker in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at IKEA part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Even part-time coworkers can receive benefits, which is awesome. The company itself treats you really well. It's like they realize retail is horrible and want to make it as easy for you as possible. I also find that the other coworkers are usually great and a lot of fun to work with. There's rarely people I can't stand working with.

Cons

Dealing with the public. This is the biggest one. There's no really effective way for me to describe how terrible this is. Also, coworkers are given goals to try and achieve throughout the year. Sometimes these goals aren't bad, but other times they can be completely ridiculous. Plus it's hard to even work on them to begin with since you usually have other more urgent things to do.

Stop having so many meetings. They're all just about the same thing and kind of a waste of time.

673 Other Employee Reviews for IKEA (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Frisco, TX

I have been working at IKEA part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Care for employees
    Family atmosphere

Cons

There are no real cons to working here but customers are rude ;)

Great Friendships Lousy Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at IKEA full-time

Pros

Great friendships made. Fun job with original staff. Fun working environment (sometimes).

Cons

"This used to be a Fun house but now its filled of evil clowns"
    Don't know if this is only at the Brooklyn store but the management is really cliche like. If you don't suck up enough you're not moving up at all. Promotions are near to impossible unless you know the right people.
    HR is also biased one manager could have a file of complaints against them and HR will turn a blind eye and tell the co-workers to "deal with it."

Try to see the people who are actually working and training the other coworkers, you like to keep them on as trainers and "Buddies" but don't like to hear the word "raise." Stop promoting your friends it only lowers moral. I guess Mikael Ohlsson is not seeing that. Also HR needs to listen to coworkers more and stop only taking the team lead and managers side all the time.

There are newer employer reviews for IKEA