IKEA
www.ikea.com Delft 1 to 5 Employees

Not a bad retail job, just horrible management

Pros-Work with awesome people and make great friends
-Pretty decent pay
-Benefits even if you are part time

ConsManagement definitely plays favorites. Being an hourly co worker isn't so great after you have been there for a while. There is no hope in moving up in the company unless you suck up to the right people. If you suck up, you can get away with whatever you want and that isn't far to all the other hard working coworkers. Management also likes to make crazy rules that don't make any sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites. There is a reason certain departments have high turn over rates. Step back and think about what you are doing to contribute to that turn over. Making crazy rules that don't make sense or upset your coworkers might just be what is making them want to quit.

Simple Job, Just Really Busy

Bistro Co-worker (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I have been working at IKEA part-time for less than a year

Pros: Ikea puts a lot of money into their employees especially my personal favorite the subsidized coworker meal. Easy to work with schedule. Very… Cons: Busy, The Bistro can get very busy and customers get irate easily on those days. The Customers are a step down from previous jobs,… Advice to Senior Management: Let applicants know how long it could take to proceed with the application process. The time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Probably the best experience working in retail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at IKEA part-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice co-workers, there is a really laid back atmosphere, the… Cons: It can be too laid back when the store becomes busy, the people who… Advice to Senior Management: Address the issues that are important to the hourly co-workers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on IKEA.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IKEA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IKEA CEO Peter Agnefjall. All reviews posted anonymously by IKEA employees.