There are newer employer reviews for IKEA

From Entry Level to Specialist.

I have been working at IKEA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits such as 401k matching and low cost health insurance, very supportive management, frequent follow-up of work performance, openness about company goals, strategy, and success. Moving up within the company is very possible if you use the tools available (development plans, training, technical and concept manuals, tuition reimbursement, etc.) and commit to living the values every day.

Cons

The bulk of the retailing business happens on the weekend, so people often have to request time off on Saturdays and Sundays well in advance.

Speed up the hiring process, be more transparent about why wages are set the way they are, provide better communication for why the people who get promoted are the right fit for that job, and show your staff daily how they can live the company values.

reviews filtered by
  1. Ikea

Current Employee - Sales Coworker in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Coworker in Miami, FL

I have been working at IKEA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is O.K. there is no problems.

Cons

It is O.K. there is no problems. It is a great company.

It is O.K. there is no problems.

Simple Job, Just Really Busy

Current Employee - Bistro Co-worker in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Bistro Co-worker in Tampa, FL

I have been working at IKEA part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ikea puts a lot of money into their employees especially my personal favorite the subsidized coworker meal. Easy to work with schedule. Very Competent Coworkers in comparison to previous jobs. Some days are very slow, allowing you to take care of cleaning and prep that you wouldn't normally be able to do. Despite working less hours a week, I make more than I did previously. The rate I started at is higher than the wage cap was at my last job.

Cons

Busy, The Bistro can get very busy and customers get irate easily on those days. The Customers are a step down from previous jobs, more irate and difficult. Some customers are foreign and demand you accept foreign currency even though I have no authority to accept it or even have currency conversion rates with me.

Let applicants know how long it could take to proceed with the application process. The time I waited in between the steps in the process were almost agonizing thinking I'm no longer being considered.

There are newer employer reviews for IKEA