IKEA
www.ikea.com Delft 1 to 5 Employees

Most things remain to be done....

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at IKEA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros-affordable and diverse health, dental and vision benefits
-generous paid leave, that grows with tenure
-ability to have input on company direction through many different levels of management, open communication.
-management positions offer the ability to lead your business like an owner

Cons-business direction & initiatives can change either suddenly, seemingly on a whim, or very slowly
-there's a cultural gap between European and North American management that can create a disconnect. Coordination of business priorities aren't consistent between divisions of the company.
-American employees either go overboard with the company culture or fail to understand it entirely. New employees can find the company difficult to understand.

Advice to Senior Management-be consistent
-be open
-look past your own business to see the bigger picture

Great people coworkers. Uneven management.not great pay

Interior & Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Stoughton, MA

I have been working at IKEA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great coworkers. Opportunity to plan compacts. Cons: No leadership by example. Different rules for management and coworkers.… Advice to Senior Management: Practice what you preach. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Pretty high standards for low wages...

Sales Coworker-showroom (Current Employee)
Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at IKEA part-time for less than a year

Pros: Pretty sweet co-workers, everyone is usually nice. Decent training program.… Cons: Takes too long to apply to a different department. High standards for low pay. Very formalized HR process. The efficiency of… Advice to Senior Management: Less stringent and more flexible... Teach to the core of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on IKEA.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IKEA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IKEA CEO Peter Agnefjall. All reviews posted anonymously by IKEA employees.