There are newer employer reviews for IKEA

Incredible company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at IKEA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Here is a company who not only cares about its community, but knows that in order to do so they need to take care of their employees. I have never seen a better group of individuals in one place than at IKEA. The best benefit package I have seen bar none.

Cons

The pay is low, great for recent grads and individuals with no family. Otherwise, Their pay is the highest in the retail industry and you can live off it, just turn in your Hummer and buy a Corolla.

Advice to Management

Stay on task. If they continue to execute their culture, it will hands down be the best place I have ever worked for.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I have had a great 5 plus years

I have been working at IKEA part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company gives you a chance to become a leader in whatever area you are working in. Easy to get along with most coworkers and managers

Cons

Much like any job the pay could always be better. Dont have enough coworkers at certain departments when there is a need for them.

2. Bad, bad, very bad.

Former Employee - Coworker in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Coworker in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at IKEA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I advice not to take job here. It is just vaste of your money and time.

Cons

No weekends off, low hourly comp, low hours available, schedule sucks you work till 10PM. No respect for workers. You cannot develop there. Intelctual degradation. You start with very low pay and after ten years you get promotion to low pay. All positions are same. Zero responsibility but also no money. Everybody are moving back to parents. It is just disaster.

Advice to Management

Hire competent mngment. You should stop with obey and you will get promoted policy. You provide no trainings at all.