There are newer employer reviews for IM Flash Technologies

Best place to work EVER.

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This company values the employees' talents and contributions, and it shows. You can make what you want of your career at IM Flash, and as long as your ambitions are aligned with the company's Core Values, you will receive all the support you need.

Cons

The semiconductor industry is extremely competitive and the cyclical nature is a fact that must be dealt with on occasion. When times are good, they're great...when times are bad, the team pulls together and does what is necessary to weather the storm so that we can make it through and remain at the top of our game.
Secondly, change is the single most constant factor in this business. If you are unwilling to adapt, evolve and grow, you will not thrive or survive at IM Flash. The company will not survive if it doesn't adapt, evolve and grow either, so it's natural that the team members must embrace this factor.

Keep doing what you're doing. Your transparency, focus on nurturing team members' talents, and respect for employees at ALL levels earns you respect in return, and a team that is eager to work together to maintain and achieve further greatness.

112 Other Employee Reviews for IM Flash Technologies (View Most Recent)

Not What Was Advertised When I Was Hired. Workforce Reductions Are In Place

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Teamwork environment while working with your shift team is a plus.
    Ability to learn a lot to get experience right out of school for your resume is good.
    Ability to learn what not to do if you're ever in management is always on display. I have learned a lot of things that will make me a good leader in other jobs from my time spent here.

Cons

Good ol boy system and management promotions arranged in advance.
    Lack of ability from any engineering manager (PE, PI, QE) to steer their teams to high levels of productivity other than working harder and doing more is not communicated. All three of these guys are promoted about two levels above their talent and now decide the company's fate. They are unable to challenge their teams to address issues because they don't know how themselves and now are creating a fear culture where you need to work long hours and not be on your department's low performer list to be let go.
    When we first were recruited here, IM Flash was one of the only employers like this in the area. Utah's economy has grown so now many of us have realized that there are many opportunities to still live in Utah and have a decent paying engineering job outside of IMFT.

What's the point? Management at this company always has the solution.
    I have been in focus teams where we have multiple areas collaborating to work out an issue over a long time period, only to present this to the engineering managers and have the PI manager just give us a different answer on the spot during our presentation. When we ask for specific feedback we only get that we need to do more and work harder. Well, we already work hard and want to do more and could use some direction.
    We just had a party to reward everyone for 80 series execution, and then the next week were called in and yelled at for not being as good as the fabs in Singapore, and asked to provide data why we weren't executing?
    HR has a target for a 10% workforce reduction this year and we are only at 7%. There is a program to "performance manage" more people and everyone in their department has been ranked on a list. There is a running joke in my department to stay off the low end of this list.
    When we were recruited we were sold on a company that promoted from within. Lately most promotions were obviously decided in advance or not even posted. This is discouraging for those of us that wanted to move up in the company.
    My advice to upper management is to stop these types of issues that show a lack of integrity.

Depends on what you are looking for

Current Employee - Engineer In PEE in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer In PEE in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Relatively good work life balance for this industry. Good benefits. Great outdoor activities available in Utah. I have found most people very approachable here and teamwork is usually good. Training is above average. Great career opportunities for management it seems. Not so much for everyone else. Good technology if you are lucky enough to be assigned to those projects.

Cons

Compensation is on the lower end of the distribution for the industry. Lots of politics. Values are routinely brushed aside when there is a "business need". Isolated cases of discrimination have occurred that I am aware of. Very limited opportunity for engineers and technicians vs. just working for parent companies or competitors (recommend). It is very difficult to transfer to parent companies unless you are a >M2. At the end of the day all you are is a foundry for parent companies...that is it. Bonus takeaways are sadly common.

focus on vision for the company. Seems we have no destination anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for IM Flash Technologies