Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The senior leadership are overall great people who care about their employees, and are experienced in the semiconductor industry.

Cons

Limited to only one site--lost international site in Singapore and other U.S. manufacturing sites. Not sure how long Intel will stay focused on the memory business. The memory business is very cyclical.

Advice to Management

Bonus takeaways every couple of years leads to a real concern among employees about IM Flash's future.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

OK For Now

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good intial wage for area. I make more than I did at last job. Seemed like a good work schedule with a lot of time off for my part time job and family activities.

Cons

Hard system to figure out if you are doing wrong or right, how to advance, or what to do. Seems like I don't know the right people. Tough management style with no sympathy for life events. We feel like the last humans before robots take these jobs and are punished for having things come up in the meantime. People are written up for being sick and having car break down in the same month. Unfair treatment of employees, the bad trickles down to us but we have no control over most things. No matter what happens we have cutbacks and we are affected but the managers get their retirement match and keep their long term bonus which is $50-100k. Mine is a few hundred dollars.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with team members or you will see more and more of us leave and not know why. Maybe you don’t care, but we have new jobs to choose from lately in this area and don’t need to work nights and get micromanaged and PIPs from supervisors paid three times more than us to just organize a break and lunch schedule. Feel like there is a company lip service to make people feel good but the reality is much worse and most people in the fab are not happy. My friends girlfriend is in HR and she said that they made some fake posts on this website to make it look more positive because their boss said to at a meeting.

Not What It Seems

Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good local employer for non-degreed or HR workforce. Attractive for new college graduates looking for work life balance in this area.

Cons

In HR you have a huge influence from the local popular religion. There are only a few of us not of this faith and it's tough. Hard in HR to hear the popular leadership message and see in the background that layoff efforts are going on. The company core values are only on the walls. Upper leadership has other agendas.

Advice to Management

Being truthfull in your daily actions will get company employees to be loyal and help to get them behind you to deliver on company objectives. The secret job placements and list of low performers is already out there. The team members at IM Flash want to deliver high results, but management seems to thwart this with their good ol boy program and protection of the PEE, PIE, HR, and QE managers. It's hard for HR people to execute with the mixed messages.