IM Flash Technologies

There are newer employer reviews for IM Flash Technologies

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The senior leadership are overall great people who care about their employees, and are experienced in the semiconductor industry.

Cons

Limited to only one site--lost international site in Singapore and other U.S. manufacturing sites. Not sure how long Intel will stay focused on the memory business. The memory business is very cyclical.

Bonus takeaways every couple of years leads to a real concern among employees about IM Flash's future.

114 Other Employee Reviews for IM Flash Technologies (View Most Recent)

OK For Now

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good intial wage for area. I make more than I did at last job.
    Seemed like a good work schedule with a lot of time off for my part time job and family activities.

Cons

Hard system to figure out if you are doing wrong or right, how to advance, or what to do. Seems like I don't know the right people.
    Tough management style with no sympathy for life events. We feel like the last humans before robots take these jobs and are punished for having things come up in the meantime.
    People are written up for being sick and having car break down in the same month.
    Unfair treatment of employees, the bad trickles down to us but we have no control over most things. No matter what happens we have cutbacks and we are affected but the managers get their retirement match and keep their long term bonus which is $50-100k. Mine is a few hundred dollars.

Get in touch with team members or you will see more and more of us leave and not know why. Maybe you don’t care, but we have new jobs to choose from lately in this area and don’t need to work nights and get micromanaged and PIPs from supervisors paid three times more than us to just organize a break and lunch schedule.
    Feel like there is a company lip service to make people feel good but the reality is much worse and most people in the fab are not happy.
    My friends girlfriend is in HR and she said that they made some fake posts on this website to make it look more positive because their boss said to at a meeting.

Not what I signed up for. Now my family and I are stuck!

Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Moved here based on cutting edge technology and claim to promote from within.
    Utah area is nice for families and outdoor activities.
    Teamwork and schedule are attractive.

Cons

My family hates it here, as do some other people's that have moved here from other areas. My kids are persecuted and bullied due to not being mormon. I asked HR about this and they said, "there are many private schools around here". Yes, but those cost a lot of money and I can't afford it. My wife already had to take a job and we use her health care because the IM Flash plan is terrible. I would have not moved here if I would have known how this community is. The company should be more honest before making us sign a two year agreement to repay all of our moving costs and now we are stuck. My family is in tears some times to move away but I can't afford it and it makes me unhappy.
    The company pushes accountability down to the shift level. We work long hours, mandatory overtime, miss breaks, and cut corners to keep tools up, but we get hammered when company goals are not met. We are sick of being blamed for everything, and not having benefits to take care of our families in an area we don't like and now can't leave. I thought the 13th ammendment prohibited this?

Listen to your shift management teams. Many of them now won't bring things up because they don't want to rock the boat. They are in a pinch between the fab people and their bosses.
    Don't hire techs and tell them there are opportunities to promote from within when that never happens. Last two section manager jobs were Micron people. Techs don't develop into anything.
    We only see managers at team member meetings. What do you do? Do you approve of what is happening in the fab?
    I have to work overtime on sundays but the mormons on my shift never do. Why is their time more important than mine?
    There is a high level of secrecy at this company. The values journey is now a dog and pony show that shift people joke about when a teammate has to go. The value of this is now worthless and just takes away from productivity. It is always clear that things are always going on that affect the team that we get informed about after the fact. Several team members are upset that MBA tuition assistance is being pulled. Many worked here due to benefits that aren't given and now are stuck here.

There are newer employer reviews for IM Flash Technologies