IMRIS

www.imris.com
  www.imris.com
There are newer employer reviews for IMRIS

Needs restructuring

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I worked at IMRIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people who actually do the work (non-management) is great to work with, lots of hardworking, talented people.
Good working hours. Good cafeteria.

Cons

Poor management and project planning. No clear vision for projects, likes short-sighted patch-fix solutions because management can't stick to a plan. People in perpetual state of putting out fire. No real career development.
No recognition for work well done.
HR is poorly staffed.

Take a serious look at senior management if the company wants to succeed. Have some standards. Don't expect people to believe your products have standards if the people don't.

16 Other Employee Reviews for IMRIS (View Most Recent)

Useful technology in the hands of incapable senior management

Former Employee - Regional Sales Management
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Management

I worked at IMRIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great compensation, laisez faire management approach, relaxing atmosphere

Cons

Have to befriend senior HR as he runs the company, unreliable CEO, unstable financial situation

Sell the ship as long it is still afloat

Company lies to employees

Current Employee - Engineer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at IMRIS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

One of the only pros I would give to IMRIS is the people at the non-management level. They are great, hard working, and very helpful. Working with these people was pleasant and I will miss working with them and I hope I will work with some of them in the future.

Cons

Back in mid-2012, myself and my fellow employees at IMRIS noticed that IMRIS was opening an office in Minneapolis and was looking for employees for that office. We also found out in mid-September through the Minnetonka city council web page that IMRIS was looking to relocate to Minnesota. So rumors were going wild in the Winnipeg office about our closure. In early October the CEO of IMRIS said that IMRIS is NOT moving to Minneapolis and will stay in Winnipeg. Then in the first week of November, we were called to a meeting and were told by HR that IMRIS is leaving Winnipeg and some will be offered jobs and some will lose their jobs.

What's really disappointing about IMRIS is that we can't trust our leader. It wasn't necessary to be lied to. And now you have people in Winnipeg who are losing their jobs training their replacements. It's like being told to live in the same home with the new lover of your significant other. Very awkward situation and poor environment. But going back to the Pros, myself and my coworkers are taking it in stride.

Be honest, we don't appreciate being lied to.

There are newer employer reviews for IMRIS