There are newer employer reviews for IMS Health

Good company to work for

I have been working at IMS Health full-time

Pros

Very flexible, though expect to work more than 40 hours a week

Cons

They tend to let go of people without regard to knowledge/experience

227 Other Employee Reviews for IMS Health (View Most Recent)

Frustrating at times, but a notable improvement vs. 2 years ago. Employees have to be in it for the long haul.

Current Employee - Technical Architect  in  Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

+ Work / Life balance in most non-consulting positions
    + Death-march projects are rare to non-existent. Putting your career on cruise-control is possible while still inching up the compensation ladder.
    + Benefits
    + In all but one role I've been in, the immediate co-workers and managers watch your back

Cons

- Career advancement is slow paced; much like the environment.
    - Autonomy has to be fiercely fought for and defended at every turn.
    - Technologist culture is still stuck back in the 80's, but at least now pays lip service to modernity.
    - Sr. Management still has no good way to accurately value knowledge workers. In-sourcing to India is an overall improvement vs outsourcing, but still can't compare to real, co-located development teams in the US and EMEA where the majority of development is done.
    - Many of the highest value employees have found that the only way to get proper compensation is to leave and come back, or leave and become a consultant; many just simply leave.

There is still an inconsistency between the stated strategies of product leadership and customer centricity and the actual budgets. There's a difference between being cost conscious and being penny-wise, pound-poor. We employees need to hear that while top-line driven EBITDA growth is the motive, and will drive the terminal value when the company is sold / re-IPO'ed, it's not the goal. Revenue growth isn't treated like a consequence of the right strategy and action.
    The "hub and spoke" model is still resulting in functional silos and is frankly not working. I strongly believe that all portfolio and infrastructure projects can be done in a local, federated fashion by co-located teams and that technology principles and standards can drive consistency and reuse internationally. If we are a technology company, and our success is measured by the amount of functionality within working software that we deliver, then we need to abandon the silo-ed approach and hire more, real software developers who are generalists and polyglots.

IMS HEALTH

I worked at IMS Health

Pros

Stable company, available e-learning courses

Cons

Dependent on Pharmaceutical companies contracts

develop training program

There are newer employer reviews for IMS Health

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!