There are newer employer reviews for INC Research

Did not hate my job but did not like it either

Former Employee - Project Specialist in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Project Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great introduction to clinical research Collaborative environment Sufficient training

Cons

Inequity Underpaid No room for advancement Cannot trust management

Advice to Management

Employees require better compensation; promote the people who actually get the work done, not lay them off.

Other Employee Reviews for INC Research

Regulatory Records Specialist II

Current Employee - Regulatory Records Specialist II in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Regulatory Records Specialist II in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great, good place to get experience and the benefits aren't bad.

Cons

The pay isn't exactly the best. The drama created by management is unneeded.

Recent negative shift in direction

I worked at INC Research full-time

Pros

-The people are great to work with. In my department, there is more of a "small company feel" even though we are in a global organization -The benefits are pretty good -Since turnover is very high, responsibility growth outpaces pay growth (this is also one of the reasons turnover is high), which can be good for gaining valuable experience and knowledge

Cons

-My department used to promote from within when deserved, however over the past year only 1 person has been promoted. In the meantime, we have hired in people at higher levels, some of whom have already left for greener pastures. -Very small annual raises and pay is not competitive with other CROs. This is a good place to begin a career, but other CROs will pay thousands more per year to do the same job. -There is very high turnover right now. 10-12 of my colleagues have voluntarily left in the last month alone. Workloads are very high and keep increasing. -We just experienced a large layoff. 4 of our most knowledgable staff were laid off. After the layoffs, our executive director had a call with our department to let us know that those 4 people were "hand-picked" because they opposed "process improvements". The vast majority of the remaining staff also oppose these process improvements, but executive management does not seem to care. -Technology lags severely behind other CROs, which hampers efficiency and overwhelms employees with 5-10 different programs/places to track information. -Resourcing issues, unmotivated employees, lack of efficient tracking systems, and a recent emphasis on only speed (not quality) has caused a big drop in quality of work.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees monetarily, invest in their skills with up-to-date systems and listen to their opinions. Oftentimes your most valuable resource is the resource closest to the situation.