There are newer employer reviews for INC Research

Did not hate my job but did not like it either

Former Employee - Project Specialist in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Project Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at INC Research full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great introduction to clinical research
Collaborative environment
Sufficient training

Cons

Inequity
Underpaid
No room for advancement
Cannot trust management

Employees require better compensation; promote the people who actually get the work done, not lay them off.

reviews filtered by

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at INC Research full-time

Pros

Great Working Teams - the people are really nice and most are very helpful.
    Flexibility - While I don't have kids, those that do seem to have fairly wide flexibility related to working from home (maybe this is a con for me...)

Cons

Slow advancement: While our higher level people are very qualified (and therefore busy), this does not lend itself to much mentoring and leads to slow and tedious advancement. Unless you are a personal favorite or on a project team with a higher level member of the company, expect a protracted advancement schedule
    Lack of transparency: Promotions are painful and you will have to do most of the legwork (as in proving that you are doing a job at which the Sponsor is already aware that you are excelling). Promotions (and layoffs) are done in secrecy which adds to people's confusion and skepticism of the advancement process.

Be more Transparent in promotions and good and bad news. Better to stay ahead of the rumor mills and craft policies and messages to clarify to the Sponsors and internal staff.

Test policy and major company changes prior to implementation. Or at least don't treat us like idiots and say we had an extremely successful and flawless launch and then turn around and change the system the next year because of inefficiencies. Also, I have never worked at a company that had so many errors in tax/medical/401K deductions...

Recent negative shift in direction

I worked at INC Research full-time

Pros

-The people are great to work with. In my department, there is more of a "small company feel" even though we are in a global organization

-The benefits are pretty good

-Since turnover is very high, responsibility growth outpaces pay growth (this is also one of the reasons turnover is high), which can be good for gaining valuable experience and knowledge

Cons

-My department used to promote from within when deserved, however over the past year only 1 person has been promoted. In the meantime, we have hired in people at higher levels, some of whom have already left for greener pastures.

-Very small annual raises and pay is not competitive with other CROs. This is a good place to begin a career, but other CROs will pay thousands more per year to do the same job.

-There is very high turnover right now. 10-12 of my colleagues have voluntarily left in the last month alone. Workloads are very high and keep increasing.

-We just experienced a large layoff. 4 of our most knowledgable staff were laid off. After the layoffs, our executive director had a call with our department to let us know that those 4 people were "hand-picked" because they opposed "process improvements". The vast majority of the remaining staff also oppose these process improvements, but executive management does not seem to care.

-Technology lags severely behind other CROs, which hampers efficiency and overwhelms employees with 5-10 different programs/places to track information.

-Resourcing issues, unmotivated employees, lack of efficient tracking systems, and a recent emphasis on only speed (not quality) has caused a big drop in quality of work.

Reward your employees monetarily, invest in their skills with up-to-date systems and listen to their opinions. Oftentimes your most valuable resource is the resource closest to the situation.

There are newer employer reviews for INC Research