There are newer employer reviews for INC Research

Poor mgt. / antiquated equipment/ nepotism

Former Contractor - Safety Specialist
Former Contractor - Safety Specialist

I worked at INC Research as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding introduction to Safety and Pharmacovigilance. Terrible introduction to CRO culture.

Cons

No chance for advancement unless you are liked (subjectively) or are a friend, or related to a manager. Equipment in the Cincinnati office was woefully outdated and inadequate. Too many managers. I received instructions and demands from no less than five different people (not counting sponsor). Often one manager directive would contradict that of another manager's directives. As a result, there was much confusion in our group and the quality of work suffered as a result. Many promises that were never kept. Threats from managers were constant and often. I liked the work but disliked the environment.

Advice to Management

No need for five mangers on the same project. Many threats, no real support. I recommend frequent courses in team building and management skills.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Did not hate my job but did not like it either

Former Employee - Project Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Project Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great introduction to clinical research Collaborative environment Sufficient training

Cons

Inequity Underpaid No room for advancement Cannot trust management

Advice to Management

Employees require better compensation; promote the people who actually get the work done, not lay them off.

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at INC Research full-time

Pros

Great Working Teams - the people are really nice and most are very helpful. Flexibility - While I don't have kids, those that do seem to have fairly wide flexibility related to working from home (maybe this is a con for me...)

Cons

Slow advancement: While our higher level people are very qualified (and therefore busy), this does not lend itself to much mentoring and leads to slow and tedious advancement. Unless you are a personal favorite or on a project team with a higher level member of the company, expect a protracted advancement schedule Lack of transparency: Promotions are painful and you will have to do most of the legwork (as in proving that you are doing a job at which the Sponsor is already aware that you are excelling). Promotions (and layoffs) are done in secrecy which adds to people's confusion and skepticism of the advancement process.

Advice to Management

Be more Transparent in promotions and good and bad news. Better to stay ahead of the rumor mills and craft policies and messages to clarify to the Sponsors and internal staff. Test policy and major company changes prior to implementation. Or at least don't treat us like idiots and say we had an extremely successful and flawless launch and then turn around and change the system the next year because of inefficiencies. Also, I have never worked at a company that had so many errors in tax/medical/401K deductions...