There are newer employer reviews for INC Research

Poor mgt. / antiquated equipment/ nepotism

Former Contractor - Safety Specialist
Former Contractor - Safety Specialist

I worked at INC Research as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding introduction to Safety and Pharmacovigilance. Terrible introduction to CRO culture.

Cons

No chance for advancement unless you are liked (subjectively) or are a friend, or related to a manager. Equipment in the Cincinnati office was woefully outdated and inadequate. Too many managers. I received instructions and demands from no less than five different people (not counting sponsor). Often one manager directive would contradict that of another manager's directives. As a result, there was much confusion in our group and the quality of work suffered as a result. Many promises that were never kept. Threats from managers were constant and often. I liked the work but disliked the environment.

Advice to Management

No need for five mangers on the same project. Many threats, no real support. I recommend frequent courses in team building and management skills.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Brought me in with no experience and showed me the ropes.

Current Employee - Site Startup & Regulatory Specialist I in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Site Startup & Regulatory Specialist I in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good, family-like environment inside the department. One of the only CROs that will give a person without any clinical experience a chance. Fantastic internal development programs (Toastmasters) and decent benefits. Excellent IT service.

Cons

Heavy workloads, poor CTMS, redundancy in data storage, and difficult to be promoted. Key issues are heavy micromanagement from upper levels of the company and low salary in comparison to business standard in the area. PMs have a difficult time knowing how to manage people on their team. Hiring freezes at times when the business unit most needs to grow lowers morale and increases attrition.

Advice to Management

You have to put money out to get money back in. Hire more people at the salaries they know they can get elsewhere, promote from within, and put a hard cap on workloads. Micromanaging slows down the process and exacerbates the issues. Trust your people to do their job- that's what you hired them for.

Did not hate my job but did not like it either

Former Employee - Project Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Project Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great introduction to clinical research
    Collaborative environment
    Sufficient training

Cons

Inequity
    Underpaid
    No room for advancement
    Cannot trust management

Advice to Management

Employees require better compensation; promote the people who actually get the work done, not lay them off.