There are newer employer reviews for INTERAMERICAN MOTOR CORP

IMC Personafies "Customer Focused Management"

Current Employee - Sales Person  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales Person in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at INTERAMERICAN MOTOR CORP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company with strong 50 year history and IMC really does care about it's customers and employees

Cons

IMC had a tough year in 2011 due to a computer conversion, but, they really took care of their people.

Please keep going the same path you started in January. The new leadership is really making IMC a great place to work!

4 Other Employee Reviews for INTERAMERICAN MOTOR CORP (View Most Recent)

Not the IMC it once was. Not even close.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

A seasoned sales team that knows how to take care of customers. A group of buoyant professionals who know how to make lemonade out of rotten lemons. Not much else positive to say.

Cons

Management in last 2-3 years appears to be deaf and blind to employee and customers needs. If you don't hold customer satisfaction in high regard then you'll fit in like hand in glove here. If you want to maintain a healthy business relationship with your customer base, IMC will not be a good fit. Not whatsoever.
    In addition:
    -3 severe paycuts since 2011
    -Downturn in sales volume and margin
    -Rampant lack of accountability in most departments
    -Lack of core coverage for large percentage of 2006 and later popular import platforms
    -Dwindling customer satisfaction

The relevance and future looks grim for IMC.

Your hands off approach has to be the most ineffective, unscrupulous and arrogant management technique I've worked under. IMC was a tight knit company made up of passionate professionals who actually cared about the success of the company and the import parts industry. Then, unfortunately, your regime landed and poisoned the water. IMC is nothing more than a corpse of the great healthy being of what it once was. Your tactics have destroyed your team's outlook, morale and livelihood. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Big Plans-or-Exit Strategy

Pros

As an Employee of IMC for over 10 years it is easy to see that the people working for IMC are the glue that hold this company together, during my tenure. Experienced individuals bring significant strength to this company. Beyond that, I must say there isn't much going for IMC and the future looks dark.

Cons

After years of change such as computer systems, management turnover and failed attempts at developing new locations it's difficult to see a positive outcome for IMC. The culture at IMC due to management and their lack of understanding has become one in which many employees, like myself, are looking outside for any opportunity to advance our careers with other companies. Cons with IMC include; poor leadership, misguided direction of the company, computer system integration and product offering development, supply chain/logistical procedure. Unfortunately I can go on.
    If you are an individual looking to join IMC and this is a stepping stone for your career then I recommend IMC because the employees are fantastic people and will help you grow within this industry. If you are seasoned in your automotive career and looking to IMC as an advancement along that path I wish you great success but strongly suggest you look to other avenues. The future of IMC looks dark.

Look to your employees for the direction. Your track record is well known and the people you depend upon to advance your current agenda are not supporting you nor will they. Employees are not commodities nor will you achieve success thinking you have all the answers. The current direction is seen as an exit strategy and that goes far beyond the employees at IMC. With over 30 years of experience in this industry IMC was by far the best company to work for 10 years ago. I hope it can capture a little of that going forward and reverse the downward spiral.

There are newer employer reviews for INTERAMERICAN MOTOR CORP

Worked for INTERAMERICAN MOTOR CORP? Contribute to the Community!