There are newer employer reviews for IPC The Hospitalist Company

It's been one of the best career moves for me.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  North Hollywood, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

I have been working at IPC The Hospitalist Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Large company with good benefits and services to employees, yet it has a small company feel with great people from the top down. Definitely an atmosphere of success and innovation.

Cons

We are growing company with space issues but this is in the works of being expanded...little hiccups in the main scheme of things.

32 Other Employee Reviews for IPC The Hospitalist Company (View Most Recent)

Breath of Fresh Air

Pros

Having recently come from a fairly negative, and unproductive environment, I am finding IPC to be a very positive change for me. I am allowed to focus 100% on the job I was hired to do and not get caught up in politics or things that take away from that productivity. I also enjoy the fact that you are expected to produce, but not "micro-managed" to do so.

Cons

It is a fairly spread out National company with several regional and home based employees, so if your are someone that needs to be in a large corporate office environment this is probably not available unless you live in California near its headquarters.

For the most part keep it up, I appreciate the culture and autonomy to get my job done. As a new employee, i do look forward to getting to visit the corporate office and learning a bit more about various other departments in the company.

Got used for "season" and terminated once "season" over.

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I worked at IPC The Hospitalist Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some physicians were supportive and team players.

Cons

If you are a PA/NP my true advice for you is DO NOT WORK FOR IPC. Do not fall for their compensation package (as I did). Sounds good when they explain it but you will loss your mind attempting to figure out how they came up with formula to compensate. All your "team" members may not have same work ethic as you. And those who do the work (and make money for the POD) will be terminated.

POD needs to be managed by physicians and NOT by someone with a business major. Much more I could (and will) say. Mr. Singer will receive a letter expressing my views.

There are newer employer reviews for IPC The Hospitalist Company

Worked for IPC The Hospitalist Company? Contribute to the Community!