2 year intership during Master`s degree programme

Current Employee - Researcher in Fryazino, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)
Current Employee - Researcher in Fryazino, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I have been working at IPG Photonics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perfect equipment for research (in R&D department). A lot of productive official journeys. A lot of innovative projects to work under. High mobility berween projects.

Cons

Manufacture and R&D depatments locate in extremely small towns with bad infrastructure. It`s difficult to get to work for specialists from big cities. Relatively small salary.

Advice to Management

Marketing department should be improved and focused for forecasts of the market.

reviews filtered by
  1. IPG has a very successful history because of its technology, employees, and drive to produce valuable products.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MA

I have been working at IPG Photonics

Pros

My colleagues are terrific. It's a great place to work if you really do want to work and see the results of your efforts. It can certainly be demanding but the rewards are worth it! Their technology drives the business so things stay interesting and challenging. The scientists and engineers are accessible, approachable, and willing to share information. Benefits are very good;3-4 weeks of vacation, holidays, sick time, health insurance cost is low, tuition, stock purchase discount. Great colleagues! Lots of growth and career opportunity.

Cons

This company is better than any other company I've worked for so it's hard to think of something to say here. In any company this size there will be a few people who are difficult to work with but that would be the same anywhere.

Advice to Management

Add more parking. We're going to need it!

2. Engineering Intern for a summer in 2008

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Oxford, MA
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Oxford, MA

I worked at IPG Photonics

Pros

It seemed like a good environment and a good place to work with good balance and personal growth. The company is definitely one of the leaders of the industry.

Cons

I was only there for two months and therefore a lot of these cons I am not aware of. I do not recall hearing any bad things about benefits/compensation from the other employees...