IPG Photonics
www.ipgphotonics.com Oxford, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

OK if you don't have a family or life and are a workaholic

Technician (Current Employee)
Oxford, MA

I have been working at IPG Photonics

ProsPlenty of mandatory overtime enforced. Orange walls and yellow floors keep the employees happy.

ConsRequired to work 60+ hours per week. Upper management lacks foresight and plans poorly leaving the workers to make up their slack. Poor bonuses. Never have had a review so I don't know how I am doing. Critical information is seldom shared even when it directly relates to your own job. Never gives raises in salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you know you are going to be producing a lot of product. Hire, train and then produce, don't threaten, force employees to make up for your mistakes in planning.

2 year intership during Master`s degree programme

Researcher (Current Employee)
Fryazino, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I have been working at IPG Photonics full-time for more than a year

Pros: Perfect equipment for research (in R&D department). A lot of productive official… Cons: Manufacture and R&D depatments locate in extremely small towns with bad infrastructure. It`s… Advice to Senior Management: Marketing department should be improved and focused for forecasts of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a professional work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Oxford, MA

I worked at IPG Photonics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Booming company. Very good benefits. Opportunities to work with the latest technologies. Dynamic work environment… Cons: Poor management. Nepotism and hearsay have as much impact on your success as your performance does. There is a distinct lack of professionalism and employees… Advice to Senior Management: IPG Photonics has made strides in becoming a modern business but still sorely lacks in middle management. Show employees that management is invested in their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on IPG Photonics.

Worked for IPG Photonics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IPG Photonics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IPG Photonics CEO Valentin P. Gapontsev. All reviews posted anonymously by IPG Photonics employees.