excellent company

Former Employee - Information Specialist in Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Information Specialist in Rockville, MD

I worked at IQ Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits,great people,flexible hours,they are an equal-opportunity employer

Cons

i don't have cons for this company

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Worst ever - under bid projects and overwork employees - over matrixed

I have been working at IQ Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cant think of anything positive -None

Cons

Under bid projects and over work workers - - don't want them to bill extra hours but sure want them to work them

Advice to Management

Think about talking to people not about people

2. My experience has been outstanding

Current Employee - Senior Technical Advisor in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Advisor in Rockville, MD

I have been working at IQ Solutions part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working as a Senior Technical Advisor at IQ Solutions for almost 12 years. I think they are a first class firm. My opinion is based on my work experience there, following a long career at the Department of Health and Human Services as a senior manager at both HRSA and SAMHSA. I have found the work interesting, the staff extremely competent, the management team committed to the company and its employees, and most importantly the leadership and ownership of the company to be top notch. IQ Solutions is celebrating its 20th anniversary this month (August 2013). Its history is that in the early years the company was eligible for benefits accorded minority owned firms. But that priority expired shortly after I joined the firm. Yet IQ Solutions survived and has grown substantially since they became too big to benefit from being a minority owned firm. Most firms, once they lose that benefit, often go out of business. So let’s be realistic. To survive in the competitive consulting environment of the Washington area, requires tenacity; strong leadership; tough decisions by management; and employees who are committed to the company, want to see it grow, and want to be an integral part of that growth. Employees that don’t exhibit the smarts, a strong work ethic and the willingness to work hard for the long term don’t last. Those that do are afforded good pay, significant bonuses, interesting opportunities and incredible flexibility. It is a family friendly work place that encourages diversity, creativity, and bold new ideas. My plan when I became a Senior Technical Advisor there was to consult with numerous companies. But as I weighed my options I knew from my government experience that there were few firms of the caliber of IQ Solutions. Although I have been presented with many opportunities over the years, I made a conscious decision to devote my time and energy to helping IQ Solutions grow and prosper. I have no regrets and no plans to change my “employer.”

Cons

Expectations for staff are very high, but the rewards for those who produce are very great.