There are newer employer reviews for IQ Solutions

Work, work, and work some more, even when there is no work

I worked at IQ Solutions

Pros

70% of the people who work there are very nice and pleasant to work with. Depending who you work with, you could learn a lot.

Cons

Terrible benefits for a company that claims to be a health company. Senior management is a joke, and it's no secret--YES, we all talk about it. The farther you're down the food-chain, the more you work and the less you get paid. The company is very top heavy but most of these people are never available when they're needed (VPs). You do learn a lot on the job, but it's mostly because jobs get thrown at you with little or no direction. It's sink or swim. The issue with billability can bring on constant stress. It's just never consistent. Somedays you're slammed, others you have nothing to do. But don't let anyone see you leave on time, it's true that it's frowned upon.

Advice to Management

Evaluate your management staff and hire.promote based on compentencies and skill, not how much money they bring in.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not a Healthy Environment

Current Employee - Senior Health Communications Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Health Communications Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at IQ Solutions

Pros

Poor corporate leadership, do not value staff and not entirely honest about its billing practices.

Cons

The company has good talented employees.

Advice to Management

Assess your many weaknesses.

Forget work/life balance!

I worked at IQ Solutions

Pros

IQ Solutions has some interesting projects and clients in its portfolio. It's a good place to intern and get started in the industry, if that's what you're looking to do.

Cons

IQ Solutions does not care about your personal life. I had a former boss who called me up at 6:30 pm, right before an office party, to ask me to do a few more things before leaving (while that person was comfortably at the party). I received calls on the weekend to have things done by Monday morning. I was called at 9:30 pm, when I was spending time with my family, asking me work-related questions. The company falsely believes that they have no overhead--because they make employees bear the cost of it. If you happen to be working on a project that you find out is not billable, you just work more hours to make up for that time. I regularly worked 50 hours a week just so that I could put 40 hours in my timesheet (my position was more managerial, so the work that I did was not always billable). Combined with a long commute on 495, I never saw my family. The employees are so busy working nights and weekends, there's literally no time for happy hours or team lunches (which get re-scheduled many times). You would think that putting in so many hours would earn extra praise and recognition--NOT so! The only recognition you get is if you put in 40 hours. Then, they complain that you have a "5:00 mentality." Also, management has a philosophy in keeping the bar out of reach by giving lopsided performance reviews. And don't get me started on management...

Advice to Management

Your "no overhead" philosophy is really based on closing your ears and covering your eyes. You're just passing the costs to your employees. Also, it's illegal in the state of Maryland to not pay your employees on time for not submitting a timesheet on time. (But I forgot, the company is only concerned about its bottom line.)